Oris Modern Classic Constantine - maintenance?
Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By ljb187
  • 1 Post By noir
  • 2 Post By sticky
  • 1 Post By lvt

Thread: Oris Modern Classic Constantine - maintenance?

Question Oris Modern Classic Constantine - maintenance?

Hello all. I just found my Oris watch packed away in storage for the past decade plus. I was a big fan of the film Constantine w/ Keanu Reeves and ended up purchasing the watch he wore in the movie before storing it away and promptly forgetting about it. I think I put it on my wrist once to try it on and then stored it away. The watch didn't appear to work at first until i lightly moved it for 10-15 seconds whereupon it started working. I'm concerned about whether the maintenance of the watch is an issue since it's been a decade plus since I bought it. I don't plan to wear this but I want to make sure I'm not overlooking any long overdue maintenance. Please forgive my ignorance here, would it be advisable to take it to a repair shop to check out or is it fine as is since the watch has essentially never been used?

Thanks!

Re: Oris Modern Classic Constantine - maintenance?

If you don’t plan to wear or let this watch run for extended periods there’s no reason to get it serviced. My thinking is it’ll essentially remain in its current state in perpetuity (oils may dry a bit more) without incurring much additional wear & tear to the movement.
    noir likes this.
    Seiko Spring Drive was my wedding watch, Rolex Datejust was my anniversary watch, but I call Oris home.

Quote Originally Posted by ljb187 View Post
    If you don’t plan to wear or let this watch run for extended periods there’s no reason to get it serviced. My thinking is it’ll essentially remain in its current state in perpetuity (oils may dry a bit more) without incurring much additional wear & tear to the movement.
    Super helpful, thanks for the advice!
    ljb187 likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

If you were going to use it I’d say to service it PDQ but as it’s to be an ornament I don’t see the point in paying for a service. One caveat though - if you follow this suggestion then have the watch serviced before you use it in the future.
    lvt and noir like this.

lvt

You said a decade+?

It's definitely time to have it serviced.
    noir likes this.
    Ball - Casio / G-shock - HMT - Longines - Parnis - Seagull - Seiko - Steinhart - Tissot - Victorinox - Yema

Thread Information