ORIS newer rubber strap

Thread: ORIS newer rubber strap

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16
  1. #1
    Member adsusanto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    64

    ORIS newer rubber strap

    Anyone want to comment on the newer ORIS diver rubber strap (with the sliding clasp)?? Is it any good?? tough? easy scratch?? I am just planning to buy one for my Aquis Chrono. I love the titanium bracelet...but I think I just rubber would be better for more daily casual use (scare of scratching the bracelet). At AUS $300, personally I think it's quite expensive for rubber? Oh well, I guess that's what you got to pay for a "rising" star brand. I just hope it will worth the investment, and last for a long time....(worry they will break easily).


    PS: IF possible post your pics with the rubber strap....(hopefully it will tempt me more to buy it....)

  2. #2
    Member BrentYYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Calgary, Canada via Marin County, California
    Posts
    5,850

    Re: ORIS newer rubber strap

    They are excellent... an absolutely brilliant design. I have two of them, one for my ProDiver Kittiwake LE and one for my Aquis Maldives LE (both with titanium clasps).

    My ProDiver came with both a titanium bracelet and the rubber strap with titanium sliding diver extension clasp, but my Maldives came with the Ti bracelet only. Oris rubber straps are extremely expensive as far as OEM rubber straps go (even without the clasp), so I searched high and low to find them at a (semi) reasonable price. The best price I found, by far, was from Jambor Jewelers (a WUS sponsor). They shipped via mail from Spain and I had it a week later.

  3. #3
    Member underpar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    2,217

    Re: ORIS newer rubber strap

    It is the best strap/deploy buckle on the market and it's not even close.
    <img src=https://forums.watchuseek.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=43089&dateline=1296853580 border=0 alt= />

  4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Member adsusanto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    64

    Re: ORIS newer rubber strap

    Quote Originally Posted by BrentYYC View Post
    They are excellent... an absolutely brilliant design. I have two of them, one for my ProDiver Kittiwake LE and one for my Aquis Maldives LE (both with titanium clasps).

    My ProDiver came with both a titanium bracelet and the rubber strap with titanium sliding diver extension clasp, but my Maldives came with the Ti bracelet only. Oris rubber straps are extremely expensive as far as OEM rubber straps go (even without the clasp), so I searched high and low to find them at a (semi) reasonable price. The best price I found, by far, was from Jambor Jewelers (a WUS sponsor). They shipped via mail from Spain and I had it a week later.

    I have already contacted Jambor....so we will see...

  6. #5
    Member adsusanto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    64

    Re: ORIS newer rubber strap

    Quote Originally Posted by underpar View Post
    It is the best strap/deploy buckle on the market and it's not even close.

    Yeah that's what I have heard......I also think the same way....thought the sliding sledge clasp is awesome From what I have seen in YOUI clips...you dont even need to cut them to resize?

  7. #6
    Member sticky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    South Yorkshire
    Posts
    59,610

    Re: ORIS newer rubber strap

    Just to back up what Brent and Underpar have said the Oris rubber strap with the sliding sledge is the next best thing to sliced bread. The one downside of the Ti bracelet is it's tendency to attract scratches so I don't blame you for going for a rubber strap. A word of warning though - that clasp on the rubber tends to lose in fights with stone walls. I have posted a pic of my rubber strapped ProDiver Date. (complete with muck on watch)

    Name:  Rub.JPG
Views: 1612
Size:  156.3 KB

  8. #7
    Member adsusanto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    64

    Re: ORIS newer rubber strap

    Quote Originally Posted by sticky View Post
    ....Oris rubber strap with the sliding sledge is the next best thing to sliced bread.
    Well except it only cost me no more than $3 to buy a full whole bread, and the rubber will cost me almost AUS$300

  9. #8
    Member Everdying's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Anfield
    Posts
    2,308

    Re: ORIS newer rubber strap

    are there differences in rubber + clasp prices depending on the model?
    over here in malaysia, the aquis date rubber + clasp currently works out to around AUS189.

  10. #9
    Member BrentYYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Calgary, Canada via Marin County, California
    Posts
    5,850

    Re: ORIS newer rubber strap

    Quote Originally Posted by Everdying View Post
    are there differences in rubber + clasp prices depending on the model?
    over here in malaysia, the aquis date rubber + clasp currently works out to around AUS189.
    The clasp prices vary depending on whether they are stainless steel or titanium. The rubber strap prices don't vary much between the Aquis and ProDiver straps that are compatible with the the clasps (they are a different design than the normal Oris straps). What varies considerably is pricing by market. In North America they are extremely expensive to buy, which is why I ordered mine from a European AD for about half the price.
    Last edited by BrentYYC; July 12th, 2013 at 05:13.

  11. #10
    Member adsusanto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    64

    Re: ORIS newer rubber strap

    Quote Originally Posted by BrentYYC View Post
    The clasp prices vary depending on whether they are stainless steel or titanium. The rubber strap prices don't vary much between the Aquis and ProDiver straps that are compatible with the the clasps (they are a different design than the normal Oris straps). What varies considerably is pricing by market. In North America they are extremely expensive to buy, which is why I ordered mine from a European AD for about half the price.

    Brent for some reason Jambor is ignoring my email or contact??? (still no response) I think I have NO LUCK with all the WUS sponsors All of them have never reply a single of my email?? (Topper...Jambor...) Are they still in business?? Or maybe they just ignoring me because I am way too far here in down under

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •