WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Oris in Ottawa, Ontario

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Gibsons 
#1 ·
Hey all,

As an Oris admirer who used to own a few, I've been looking to buy an Oris diver (either an Aquis or a TT1) for quite a while.

My previous attempt to get an Oris resulted in purchasing a Tag as there is -AFAIK- no Oris dealer around Ottawa. And also there is no online dealer that I can purchase an Oris from in Canada therefore I'm unable to pull it off remotely.

I have a very limited time so I should be able to either go get from somewhere not too far or get online. Montreal doesn't seem to be an option for me considering that it's a 2 hours drive. I need to find out what's the easiest and most secure way to get an Oris here. I need the help of the wise people of Watchuseek!

#2 · (Edited)
You are not close to an AD unless you want to drive to Toronto, Montreal or NY state (assuming you want to buy new, from an AD).

Unsure if you want to go through the grey market, but Oris is still available to you.

#3 ·
Hey Gibsons,

Thanks for the answer. My problem is -as said above- that my time is very limited so a 4 hours drive for me is sort of impossible at this point.

The thing about purchasing it from a grey market dealer located in the US is custom taxes, undoubtedly. Probably one third of the budget would be spent on customs.

#5 ·
And also there is no online dealer that I can purchase an Oris from in Canada therefore I'm unable to pull it off remotely.
You don't need an online dealer. Just contact a bricks and mortar dealer, negotiate over the phone, and have them ship it. I've done it lots of times within Canada. In the U.S.A., Topper (forum sponsor) ships a lot of watches to buyers all over the States and Canada. PM me if you want my suggestions for Canadian dealer options.

#6 · (Edited)
Exactly. I've done this before as well ^.

OP, post what exact model # you are looking for. Don't count out the USA forum sponsor until you've contacted them... Many times you are better off shopping in the USA and paying shipping & customs taxation.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.