oris prodive strap works with aquis strap?

Thread: oris prodive strap works with aquis strap?

Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Member spookz01's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    GTA, Waterloo
    Posts
    168

    oris prodive strap works with aquis strap?

    Hi guys,

    was wondering if the

    aquis strap: 07 4 26 34

    fits the

    pro diver strap: 07 4 26 04

    I have been trying to source a pro diver strap but to no avail.. (online)

    I have contacted the fourm ad and awaiting a response.

  2. #2
    Member BrentYYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Calgary, Canada via Marin County, California
    Posts
    5,850

    Re: oris prodive strap works with aquis strap?

    They aren't interchangeable. You can order from any AD, but be warned, Oris rubber straps are about the most expensive on the market. The best price I have found is from WUS sponsor Jambor Jewelers.

  3. #3
    Member spookz01's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    GTA, Waterloo
    Posts
    168

    Re: oris prodive strap works with aquis strap?

    Quote Originally Posted by BrentYYC View Post
    They aren't interchangeable. You can order from any AD, but be warned, Oris rubber straps are about the most expensive on the market. The best price I have found is from WUS sponsor Jambor Jewelers.
    how's the pricing from FOO?

  4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Member sticky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    South Yorkshire
    Posts
    59,863

    Re: oris prodive strap works with aquis strap?

    The two straps aren't interchangeable. Both have an interhorn width of something like 26mm but the interior width is different on the two models.

  6. #5
    Member Everdying's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Anfield
    Posts
    2,326

    Re: oris prodive strap works with aquis strap?

    Quote Originally Posted by BrentYYC View Post
    They aren't interchangeable. You can order from any AD, but be warned, Oris rubber straps are about the most expensive on the market. The best price I have found is from WUS sponsor Jambor Jewelers.
    they are expensive, but there are definitely others that are way more expensive.
    my aquis rubber strap + deployant was just under USD180.
    something like the Omega planet ocean will be at least 3x as much.

  7. #6
    Member BrentYYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Calgary, Canada via Marin County, California
    Posts
    5,850

    Re: oris prodive strap works with aquis strap?

    Quote Originally Posted by Everdying View Post
    they are expensive, but there are definitely others that are way more expensive.
    my aquis rubber strap + deployant was just under USD180.
    something like the Omega planet ocean will be at least 3x as much.
    That's an absolute steal. In North America they will run over $400 from an AD (my AD quoted me $480, or $300 for the rubber only). Ordering from the Oris service center direct would have cost me $350 for my Aquis Maldives. By comparison, a replacement strap for my Breitling Superocean Heritage was $75 (without deployant). I've noticed, however, that Oris straps are considerably less costly in other parts of the world, which is why I order mine from Jambor in Spain for less than half the North American price.
    Last edited by BrentYYC; August 8th, 2013 at 02:10.

  8. #7
    Member Everdying's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Anfield
    Posts
    2,326

    Re: oris prodive strap works with aquis strap?

    Quote Originally Posted by BrentYYC View Post
    That's an absolute steal. In North America they will run over $400 from an AD (my AD quoted me $480, or $300 for the rubber only). Ordering from the Oris service center direct would have cost me $350 for my Aquis Maldives. By comparison, a replacement strap for my Breitling Superocean Heritage was $75 (without deployant). I've noticed, however, that Oris straps are considerably less costly in other parts of the world, which is why I order mine from Jambor in Spain for less than half the North American price.
    i ordered mine directly from the Oris distributor here.
    kinda interesting it gets marked up so much, would figure they would be some sort of price control in place no matter the region.

  9. #8
    Member BrentYYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Calgary, Canada via Marin County, California
    Posts
    5,850

    Re: oris prodive strap works with aquis strap?

    Quote Originally Posted by Everdying View Post
    i ordered mine directly from the Oris distributor here.
    kinda interesting it gets marked up so much, would figure they would be some sort of price control in place no matter the region.
    There ARE price controls... by Oris. Oris knows they can get away with charging more in North America, so they set their prices higher. When you can buy it at AD pricing from a different country for far less than buying direct from Oris in your own country, then you know there is price gouging going on.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •