ORIS Prodiver Bezel - help requsted

Thread: ORIS Prodiver Bezel - help requsted

I'm looking for some advice in respect of a new model Prodiver Chronograph. I picked one up from my local dealer this week.

I've been checking the watch meticulously, in particular the bezel.

Whilst the outer bezel was pushed down in the locked position the outer bezel moved smoothly, with the inner bezel remaining stationary as it should.

With the outer bezel still in the locked position I applied gentle pressure on the inner bezel from the watch face to see if it had any play. I was able to move the inner bezel a few clicks counterclockwise, albeit there was more resistance whilst the outer bezel was locked.

Is this normal, or do I have a faulty bezel?

From my limited engineering skills I'm assuming it's fine, judging by the way the outer bezel engages and operates.

Thanks in advance for any assistance you can provide.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Ryan Williams; August 9th, 2015 at 02:08.

Re: ORIS Prodiver Bezel - help requsted

Ryan, I can only move the inner bezels on my ProDivers by engaging the outer RSS bezel. The whole idea of the RSS system is that this has to be used to move the inner bezel so I would be having words with the dealer.

Quote Originally Posted by sticky View Post
    Ryan, I can only move the inner bezels on my ProDivers by engaging the outer RSS bezel. The whole idea of the RSS system is that this has to be used to move the inner bezel so I would be having words with the dealer.
    Thanks for the reply. I'll go to a dealer this week and have a play with another Pro diver.

I don't think I explained the issue particularly well, I'll have another go.

When my outer bezel is pushed down it can be rotated smoothly with no movement whatsoever to the inner bezel as intended.

With the outer bezel locked down the inner bezel has slight movement (wiggle) within the 120th click it's locked in to. I understand this is correct due to the mechanism.

When I wiggle the bezel within this 120th click there is no movement whatsoever to the outer bezel.

I think I wiggled the inner bezel to hard and it moved a few clicks counter clockwise with no movement to the outer bezel.

It's not like the inner bezel moved easily with the outer locked. I tried it again and it did the same but it took a bit of lateral force.

I appreciate the help but if you get a chance can you please compare the better explanation to your watch.

Thanks in advance (for being a pain)

Last edited by Ryan Williams; August 10th, 2015 at 00:48.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

No problem Ryan. It's not as though the PDC was a cheapo watch - it should be right. With the outer RSS bezel in the down position the inner bezel on all my ProDivers is locked solid and there is no play at all.

Thanks again Sticky. I'll nip in to the local dealer tomorrow and I'll post how I get on. Looking on other forums it appears other people have experienced similar issue but it appears normal to have slight play.

Just in case someone asks the same question in the future.

I checked a further two watches at a local dealer and both had similar movement. I also got in touch with a relative expert on Oris watches who confirmed that everything was fine.

Thats good to know Ryan as all mine are a solid as the Rock of Gibraltar.

Calgary, Canada via Marin County, California

I just checked mine, and it's the same as Sticky's. With th the outer ring in the locked position, the inner bezel can't be moved. There was a very tiny bit of play, but it was almost imperceptible.

I'd checked against a few other prodivers. It only has play within the half minute slot it's locked in to, but it won't move without being manipulated. I spoke to someone on a well known Oris specific forum and they confirmed that all the bezels on theirs six prodivers could be moved like mine. I think it's down to the spring tension holding the bezel in place.

Last edited by Ryan Williams; August 13th, 2015 at 20:21.

Thread Information