oris propilot biggest flaw: it has exceptionally small lug clearance!
Like Tree8Likes
  • 3 Post By yankeexpress
  • 1 Post By TechGuyJ
  • 2 Post By catlike
  • 1 Post By sticky
  • 1 Post By georgenaka

Thread: oris propilot biggest flaw: it has exceptionally small lug clearance!

oris propilot biggest flaw: it has exceptionally small lug clearance!

After trying some different aftermarket options (nato, straight endlink bracelet) i've noticed that the lug holes on my propilot date are drilled really close to the case. The result being that even feeding a thin nato through this space is a tight squeeze. Even with the thinnest springbars, a leather nato of medium thickness would not fit through, and it also didn't accept a straight endlink bracelet due to lack of clearance. Even the OEM canvas bracelet shows wear where it rubs against he case.

Compared to my other watches, the lugs on this watch are not short, yet the strap clearance at the lugs is way less than other watches with very short lugs (seiko turtle for example)

This unfortunately limits aftermarket strap and bracelet options. Has anyone else noticed this when trying to change straps on this watch?
    Last edited by georgenaka; 2 Days Ago at 10:24.

Re: oris propilot biggest flaw: it has exceptionally small lug clearance!

Nope, kept mine on the excellent OEM bracelet.

catlike, Jeff Scott and gmads like this.
    Today would be a good day to delete your Facebook account, Here is why:

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f73/fa...l#post48047643

10 reasons to dump facebook:

https://www.komando.com/tips/527072/...cebook-in-2019

Quote Originally Posted by yankeexpress View Post
    Nope, kept mine on the excellent OEM bracelet.

have heard many good things about this bracelet. Unfortunately OEM strap with deployant clasp is really not that great. Doesn't sit well on the wrist and very stiff. Got a hirsch pure strap on the way and I think that may be the ticket
    Last edited by georgenaka; 1 Day Ago at 11:29.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

So I have discovered the same. As much as I love NATOs, they are difficult to get onto the watch (which sucks, because they look great on it). What I’ve ended up doing it getting a (bunch of) Barton leathers and canvas straps with the quick change spring bars. Makes it super easy to change out the straps in seconds without any concern about scratching up the case using a tool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    georgenaka likes this.
    “It is the time you have wasted for your rose that makes your rose so important.”

Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, The Little Prince

I'm with Yankee....I have the same model and it is one of the few watches that I've never even considered trying a strap on, it belongs on that bracelet!

I know that doesn't help the OP, maybe look for an OEM bracelet?
    yankeexpress and Jeff Scott like this.

Some watches are known for this, erm, “feature” and it’s a PITA. Looks like the Propilot can go on the list.
    georgenaka likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by TechGuyJ View Post
    So I have discovered the same. As much as I love NATOs, they are difficult to get onto the watch (which sucks, because they look great on it). What I’ve ended up doing it getting a (bunch of) Barton leathers and canvas straps with the quick change spring bars. Makes it super easy to change out the straps in seconds without any concern about scratching up the case using a tool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I don't think you should give up on NATOs if thats what you really want on the watch. have you considered using curved springbars? I think that might be a good workaround for nato straps on this watch. As for the bartons watch bands, i've always wanted to get the canvas. Will get around to ordering it one of these days.

The very tight lug clearance is really the only downside for a watch that is otherwise so clean and perfectly balanced (for my personal taste)

Quote Originally Posted by catlike View Post
    I'm with Yankee....I have the same model and it is one of the few watches that I've never even considered trying a strap on, it belongs on that bracelet!

I know that doesn't help the OP, maybe look for an OEM bracelet?
    I have inquired about the OEM bracelet with an AD before. The price was reasonable but I never pulled the trigger at that time, and as much as I love a good bracelet, aesthetically I prefer the watch on a black strap. The issue is I am very active with my watches and leather wouldn't cut it due to sweat. However, I think I may have found the solution in the hirsch pure rubber strap I recently ordered. Either that, or I just realized that curved springbars would be a good workaround for nato or zulu style
    catlike likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by georgenaka View Post
    I have inquired about the OEM bracelet with an AD before. The price was reasonable but I never pulled the trigger at that time, and as much as I love a good bracelet, aesthetically I prefer the watch on a black strap. The issue is I am very active with my watches and leather wouldn't cut it due to sweat. However, I think I may have found the solution in the hirsch pure rubber strap I recently ordered. Either that, or I just realized that curved springbars would be a good workaround for nato or zulu style
    Cool!

I don't know if you've used curved spring bars before but I just remembered that my Hamilton Pan Europ needs them as well and after misplacing a set I ordered some online that worked, but for my liking had too much of a big kink in the middle. I then found a thread here that gave simple instructions on how to curve them yourself using 2 spoons and found that I could get a much nicer consistent curve using this method and could vary the radius with different sized spoons.

Let us know how you go.....

Thread Information