Oris-rebranded Sellita movements: what grade are they?

Thread: Oris-rebranded Sellita movements: what grade are they?

Oris-rebranded Sellita movements: what grade are they?

I've put an inquiry in via Oris' website, but I thought I'd ask here as well in case anyone has already found this information.

I'm trying to find out what grade of Sellita movements Oris use in their watches, specifically the Aquis Date collection. The Oris caliber 733 is a base SW 200-1 with the branded red rotor, but Oris doesn't specify if the SW 200-1 is of Standard or Premium (Top) grade.

Using Top grade over Standard would mean an expected accuracy difference of +/- 12spd Vs 4spd, better shock protection, and improved isochronism:
    http://www.sellita.ch/scripts/calibr...SW200-1_39.pdf

Any info would be greatly appreciated!
    Daily: Omega Seamaster Professional Diver 300M Master Chronometer Black Dial on Bracelet
    Beater: Seiko Brightz SAGM001 titanium perpetual calendar with 8F32 high-frequency quartz movement
    Dress: Antique rolled-gold Waltham pocket watch with blued hands and acid-etched movement

Re: Oris-rebranded Sellita movements: what grade are they?

Oris uses elaboré standard for the watches equipped with Sellita movements.

Oris makes use of elabore standard Sellita movements. They have always been cagey about what grade of movement they used and what extra (other than fitting a red rotor) work they did on said movements.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Thank you both. That's a shame, really. If Oris do eventually respond with more info to my inquiry I'll post it here.
    Daily: Omega Seamaster Professional Diver 300M Master Chronometer Black Dial on Bracelet
    Beater: Seiko Brightz SAGM001 titanium perpetual calendar with 8F32 high-frequency quartz movement
    Dress: Antique rolled-gold Waltham pocket watch with blued hands and acid-etched movement

I watched a video about the D65 where the poster said he had the back off and noted an elaboré grade SW200-1 movement with the addition of incabloc shock protection. Apparently, Oris custom order their movements from Sellita this way, which is a good thing IMO.

Heuer Autavia Heritage Caliber 02 Farer Lander GMT
    Oak & Oscar Jackson Oris Divers 65
    Junghans Meister Telemeter Seiko Turtle SRP777
    Longines Heritage Chronograph 1973 Seiko 6106-8100 Sports Diver
    Baltic Bicompax Slate Gray Lorier Hydra
    Alpina ​Startimer Pilot Manufacture Casio A700W, AE1200WH, G300-3AV

Quote Originally Posted by LosAngelesTimer View Post
    I watched a video about the D65 where the poster said he had the back off and noted an elaboré grade SW200-1 movement with the addition of incabloc shock protection. Apparently, Oris custom order their movements from Sellita this way, which is a good thing IMO.
    Yeah, I've read a few threads about the upgraded Incabloc now too since posting this thread. It's certainly a welcome upgrade, but I was hoping to discover a Top grade movement instead. Particularly for the Glucydur balance wheel and regulation to 5 positions.

Quote Originally Posted by Covenant View Post
    Yeah, I've read a few threads about the upgraded Incabloc now too since posting this thread. It's certainly a welcome upgrade, but I was hoping to discover a Top grade movement instead. Particularly for the Glucydur balance wheel and regulation to 5 positions.

Yeah... I don't think that's gonna happen. Oris would certainly tout their use of top grade movements if that were the case.

Heuer Autavia Heritage Caliber 02 Farer Lander GMT
    Oak & Oscar Jackson Oris Divers 65
    Junghans Meister Telemeter Seiko Turtle SRP777
    Longines Heritage Chronograph 1973 Seiko 6106-8100 Sports Diver
    Baltic Bicompax Slate Gray Lorier Hydra
    Alpina ​Startimer Pilot Manufacture Casio A700W, AE1200WH, G300-3AV

Thread Information