Oris Sixty Five 42mm vs. Aquis 43mm
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Oris Sixty Five 42mm vs. Aquis 43mm

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Oris Sixty Five 42mm vs. Aquis 43mm

I wanted to throw this out there to see how the two popular dive watches from Oris compare. They look to run just over $1K brand new on the grey market and I'm having a hard time deciding which way to go.

On paper, the Aquis seems like the better deal with the ceramic bezel, display case-back, and arguably nicer bracelet with handy dive extension. However, the vintage looks of the Sixty Five are mesmerizing and the lugs, albeit 21mm, allow for a wider assortment of straps than the Aquis. But the Aquis with the blue gradient dial and glossy black ceramic bezel looks modern and fantastic. Which would be the better one watch for all occasions assuming I would only wear it on the bracelet? How does the build and fit/finish compare? I heard the Aquis is heavy and might not be as easy to wear all-day compared to the Sixty Five. Note that my sweet spot for watches are usually 40-42mm on my 6.75" wrist but figure the Aquis doesn't wear that large for its stated 43mm size.

Pictures of the watches in question:
    Name:  oris-aquis-date-blue-dial-stainless-steel-mens-watch-733-7653-4135mb-01_733_7653_4135mb.jpg
Views: 2612
Size:  13.9 KBName:  oris-divers-sixty-five-blue-dial-automatic-men_s-watch-01-733-7720-4055-07-8-21-18.jpg
Views: 2599
Size:  14.7 KB
    Current Arsenal:
    HMT Pilot | Casio G-Shock Riseman | Seiko SNZH57 | Baume et Mercier Capeland S Chronograph | Omega Seamaster Professional Chronograph
    Purchase free since: 4/1/15 (subject to change)

Re: Oris Sixty Five 42mm vs. Aquis 43mm

I have never seen a Sixty-Five but have owned a few 43mm Aquis'. The Aquis may be a heavy watch but compared to what? I have never had a problem wearing an Aquis for an entire day, much less an extended day of wearing. It is quite simply one of the most comfortable watches I have ever worn.
    yankeexpress likes this.
    Ginault 180260GSLN (Serial #TE111) and Hamilton Khaki Field mechanical

I tried on both and the s
    Aquis wears very comfortable and wraps around the wrist while the 65 42 don't. I have 6.75 wrist

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

One watch for all occasions? The sixty fiver for its thinner case and thinner bracelet.

If you have a dressier watch for those occasions you might need it, then Aquis. It's a great watch for the money.

Both are excellent choices. Really depends on what your personal "all occasions" is defined as.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Justin8836 likes this.

COZ

I have owned both and so far kept the 65 (sold Aquis). Never liked the lug design on the Aquis limiting strap options, otherwise dial/bezel design good.
    The 65 definitely wears a little smaller and fit me better also. Both blues are nice, tough decision, good luck.

I don't think there's enough between the watches to rate one over the other. I'd just look at them side by side, decide which I liked the look of most and get that one.

Personally I prefer the Aquis, as it is a modern, contemporary design rather than a vintage resissue which the 65 is. The Aquis will remain remain contemporary after the fad for vintage reissues has faded. I also much prefer the Aquis' bracelet.

Both of these are sport watches (being by definition Divers) and so would be best suited to weekend/casual wear (especially with the blue dials, rather than say a grey, black or silver dial)

Two very different divers. Love them both.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Gfxdaddy likes this.

And the Maldives....
    Attached Images Attached Images

And both very comfortable on the wrist. If the Diver 65 didnt have the date it would be perfect in my eyes. Ruins an otherwise exquisite dial.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information