Oris Timekeeping
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Oris Timekeeping

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Oris Timekeeping

Curious as to what others' experiences are with timekeeping on their Oris watches.

When I got my Chronoris, it was running about 6sec/day fast and held that consistently for almost two months. Didn't seem bad to me, not sure what spec is on these movements. Once a week I'd pop the crown for less than a minute and it's back on time. Stopped tracking it for a bit then reset it again last Friday. Didn't bother to compare until a few days later, and it was only 5 seconds ahead from where I set it. Next day, just a little over 5 seconds ahead. Today, only 6 seconds ahead of where I set it 6 days ago.

+6sec/day was already what I'd call pretty good for something like this, but if it's somehow going to stick around out at +1sec/day, I'd almost call that incredible. Haven't even changed my activity, environment or how it sits at night. I'll leave it without resetting it for another week and see how it goes.

Anyways, I'd be interested to hear what others are seeing from their Oris watches.

Photo because, well, why not?

Name:  IMG_6757.jpg
Views: 164
Size:  3.04 MB
    _Harrison

Re: Oris Timekeeping

Have had 3 Orises in my collections and still owns 2 of them. All 3 runs at an accuracy similar to your ranging from +6~+8s per day out of the box. Have had 1 serviced and when it came back it was initially running at -14~-20s per day and I wouldn’t have that. Sent it back again requesting the workshop to bring it within acceptable range and it is now running at +2s/day. Pretty happy with Oris products in general but really gotta make sure your local service centre is up to the standard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    pojekt-h likes this.

My Aquis (2017 model) runs at c1-2 seconds a day slow. It went into the UK service centre for a dial replacement and they must have regulated it at the same time as it was running c3-4 seconds fast prior to going in.

Nice watch by the way.
    pojekt-h likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I don’t actually time my watches but on the whole my experience has been good - except for the SW220 based Titan which seemed to have a mind of its own and regularly gained 19 SPD - just within my 20 SPD tolerance range.
    pojekt-h likes this.

That watch looks good on you. (maybe it's the matching shirt?)

My Aquis has been a consistent +7 spd since I got it several months ago, which is good. I love the watch....
    Joe
    pojekt-h and rfortson like this.
    Don't believe everything you read on the Internet.
    Abraham Lincoln

I've owned three, still have two - Aquis and a rectangular complication moonphase. +5 to +8 sec per day is where they have always been.

If properly regulated the SW-200 can run quite well, and with positional variation even better. My Artix recently had a great run until it got magnetized, nearly 3 weeks within +/- 2 sec/day.

pojekt-h likes this.

Checked today and was at +7 from a week ago, so that'd average out to +1sec/day. I'm quite impressed with that. I'll leave it alone for the next week and a half and see how it does after a few days of skiing and wandering around the woods in northern Michigan.

Quote Originally Posted by Benno1uk View Post
    My Aquis (2017 model) runs at c1-2 seconds a day slow. It went into the UK service centre for a dial replacement and they must have regulated it at the same time as it was running c3-4 seconds fast prior to going in.

Nice watch by the way.
    Thanks! Sounds like a win-win on getting it back running better than before!

Quote Originally Posted by sticky View Post
    I don’t actually time my watches but on the whole my experience has been good - except for the SW220 based Titan which seemed to have a mind of its own and regularly gained 19 SPD - just within my 20 SPD tolerance range.
    Oof. That sounds a bit far.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeArizona View Post
    That watch looks good on you. (maybe it's the matching shirt?)

My Aquis has been a consistent +7 spd since I got it several months ago, which is good. I love the watch....
    Joe
    Thanks! It seems to work well with a lot, even being on a grey rubber strap since that photo, and is one of the few I've come across that fits my skinny wrists well, while still being easily read.

Quote Originally Posted by lassus View Post
    If properly regulated the SW-200 can run quite well, and with positional variation even better. My Artix recently had a great run until it got magnetized, nearly 3 weeks within +/- 2 sec/day.

Did you de-mag it? If so, how'd it do after?
    _Harrison

A demagnetizer can be had for cheap, only $15 or so, and is very easy to use. Usually magnetized watches suddenly start to run very fast (at least in my case), +20 spd or more. Demagnetizing takes 30 seconds and fixes it instantly. There is also a great little iPhone app called Lepsi that will tell you if your watch is magnetized.

Beautiful watch.
    pojekt-h likes this.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information