Oris TT1 733.7533 Bezel Replacement

Thread: Oris TT1 733.7533 Bezel Replacement

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question Oris TT1 733.7533 Bezel Replacement

To open, yes I've used the search functions here and googled the webz in search of an answer to this question:

Is it a fairly easy (pop-off, press-on) job to replace the bezel on an Oris 7533P?

Some information I've seen mentions having to go in thru the back just to properly remove the bezel. Other information implies using a case knife and a bit of patience would do the job. Since this information seems to conflict each other, I'm at a loss to figure which is correct.

If it's an involved process, I'll just send it to an Oris authorized service shop to get it done. Speaking of which, can anyone recommend a reputable watchmaker in Auckland that could handle this type of service?

Also, is there a ceramic bezel available for this model?

Thanks!

Re: Oris TT1 733.7533 Bezel Replacement

I submitted this question to a certified Oris service center, and this is the reply:

"Thanks for your email.

It is not possible to remove and replace the bezels. The only option is to heat and remove the bezel insert and replace the bezel insert. To do this is $125.00 including G.S.T. We would need to order in the insert approx. 6-8 weeks delay. There are no ceramic options sorry."

This reply makes it sound like the bezel permanently mounted onto the case.
    If the bezel itself is damaged and requires replacement, would this require a complete watch swap?

Something doesn't sound quite right about this ... can someone enlighten me?
    Last edited by consum3r; November 17th, 2015 at 23:44. Reason: Edited for formatting

Yep, that would suck if it's not possible to remove the bezel... Come on Oris, I thought you're better than that

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I asked a different Oris service center and got a seemingly different answer ...

"The minimum it could be is $125; the bezel itself is $60 and the minimum labor charge is $65.
    There are no ceramic bezels for the 7533.
    "

Since this response does not mention "bezel insert", it implies the entire bezel is replaceable .

I guess I'll ask yet another service center for the tie-breaker.

Hi- that's me that wrote the quote below (I am at the USA service center). It is the bezel insert I was talking about. If you have a bad bezel complete on a 7533 the whole case will likely have to be changed.

Quote Originally Posted by consum3r View Post
    I asked a different Oris service center and got a seemingly different answer ...

"The minimum it could be is $125; the bezel itself is $60 and the minimum labor charge is $65.
    There are no ceramic bezels for the 7533.
    "

Since this response does not mention "bezel insert", it implies the entire bezel is replaceable .

I guess I'll ask yet another service center for the tie-breaker.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWatchmaker View Post
    Hi- that's me that wrote the quote below (I am at the USA service center). It is the bezel insert I was talking about. If you have a bad bezel complete on a 7533 the whole case will likely have to be changed.
    How unexpected and awesome!
    Thanks, and nice to meet you here.

Good news for me is - now I won't need to go in search for a tie-breaker opinion.
    Bad news for you is - I'm going to be PM-ing you about the other question that was in that service inquiry .

Luckily, it's only the bezel insert that is scratched up so I won't be needing a whole case replacement. I was merely curious about the "perma-mounted bezel" concept as I had not run across this type of setup before.

As a watch tinkerer myself, it would be interesting to see a design diagram of this construction . It's going to take a bit of will-power to keep from dismantling it to try and see for myself.

As a sort of related question, I have a ding on the inner bezel ring on my Depth Gauge. It's not the bezel itself, but the metal ring just inside it. It's really actually quite annoying me. Anyone had that happen? How would I go about repairing it. My watchmaker said he wouldn't be able to get to it without taking the watch apart.

Hi I'm in the same situation. What's the cost on a tt1?

I’ve just purchased this Oris TT1 and confirmed it’s genuine using the Oris website.

Will any uk dealers replace the inlay? Any idea how much in the uk?
    Attached Images Attached Images

I don’t suppose you can get hold of a Bezel insert can you? I’m really struggling here :(

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information