Oris valuation question
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Oris valuation question

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Oris valuation question

Hi everyone, brand new to the forum not to collecting watches. It's been a hobby of mine for years. Right now I only currently have 2 watches, a Breitling Super Avenger white dial on pro 2 bracelet and an Oris aquis Carlos Coste IV on bracelet.
    My question is about the Oris which I just recently purchased from Now I normally only purchase from an AD as my Breitling was but I got a good deal on the Oris and I went the gray market route for the first time. Here's my question, so the watch arrived last week and I loved it, put it on right away and didn't look back. Later the next day I was looking at everything it came with a little further and I realize thatdid not send me the limited edition certificate/booklet. So ofcourse I emailed them about the problem and after a week of them almost ignoring me they finally got back to me today. So she says that this is the way it came from the factory and nothing was removed etc.(BS) I thought. So she says that if I wanted they would send me $20!!! I was upset today at the very least with that offer. $20, really?
    I just want the damn certificate but since they are claiming it is nowhere to be found here is my question to you.
    I wanted to know what you guys honestly thought that the worth of the certificate/booklet really is if someday I wanted to sell the watch. The watch is a limited edition of 2000 and has a retail value of $2700. Obviously an AD would give a discount and gray market even a little less. But how bad do you guys think it hurts the value overall? Thanks in advance for your help!!

Gwr
    Last edited by Chris Hohne; February 18th, 2016 at 04:35.

Anyone? I'm really interested in your thoughts

Re: Oris valuation question

Please, no mention of non authorized dealers

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Ok I'll fix it
    GWR

Current collection:
    1. Breitling Super Avenger
    2. Oris Aquis Carlos Coste IV Limited Edition

If I was buying a LE watch, I would want the proper documents for the same reasons that concern you. Personally for me, if it wasn't purchased through an AD, I wouldn't even consider buying it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Cheers
    Pete

Thank you for your opinion and I agree with you, this is the first time I ever went gray market and it's not something I will will probably ever do again, especially after this whole ordeal. And I really love the watch and probably won't ever sell it but I just want the company to give me back my fair worth for thr certificate, and I'm sorry but $20 just isn't enough in my opinion. If I wanted to buy a L.E. watch from someone here on the forum and they didn't have all the paperwork I'd definitely offer them less than it normally would be worth .

GWR, Doesn't your Oris say x of y on the case so that you know what number it is? Oris were probably playing hardball with you because you went GM.

Idk, if you plan one keeping the watch it doesn't matter. I see a ton of LE watches for sale, and they don't appear to retain their value any better than regular models from oris. As the the grey issue, you got a watch you love at a good discount. If everything is good with the watch I would be happy. I have bought AD and grey, and I prefer grey.

Sticky yes it says the number on the case, I just wanted the certificate with it as well because that is what is supposed to come with the watch. It's not Oris playing hardball it's the gray market company I got it from. I actually asked Oris today if it's possible they could send me a replacement certificate , I don't have much hope though since it was purchased gray market.

And BJ Yeah I guess Oris is not quite on that level of keeping the value like we would all like :tired_face:. Really not until you go up to Rolex do watches really start to retain and gain value imo. I do love the watch and I have no problem going gray market on this Oris, if I was to buy a 5k and up retail watch I'd go AD. I'm just disappointed I didn't get the watch 100% complete like I should have

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information