Oris watch box/case question

Thread: Oris watch box/case question

Oris watch box/case question

So I received my Aquis today and the case was not the traditional divers bell that I see all the time. It's a zipper case with a horseshoe like watch holder which you will see in the pics. I'm wondering about a few things. First, is this case authentic or fake? Second, if it is authentic which model does the case normally come with? I'm thinking I got a fake and yes I did my research on the seller before I made the purchase and he checked out. I also checked the makers stamp on the main plate and it's a Sellita. The watch itself seems to be legit but the boxes are throwing me off. Take a look. I plan on bringing this in to Topper Jewelers tomorrow as well just for my sanity.

Roads? Where we're going we don't need roads...

Re: Oris watch box/case question

not an expert...

the main box with book looks way legit just like the one that came with my titan c 47. my watch came in the diver bell case though. I think that they use to supply watches in those cases for a time period, earlier models came in different cases from what i've seen on forum sale sites. your case looks 100% authentic oris and by all means is more functional than my dive bell case, yeah it looks cool on a shelf but you can travel with yours if needed.

ps

just stumbled upon another post titled dating my oris something or other, a guy replied older models came in the dive bell newer ones coming in your style case... hope this makes you feel more confident
    Last edited by cpollysurf; April 23rd, 2013 at 03:56.

The box you got is authentic, my Maldives came in the same black outer box with the plastic one inside. Nothing fake there, have peace of mind!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Mine came with the same box. Someone here told me that the divers bell is the older box with the older models....
    Amazing watch BTW!

Calgary, Canada via Marin County, California

That's the correct box.

Hi Beat, It's the real deal so relax - all the modern divers come in that style of case. I'm not sure if Oris may indeed use that for all their watches now. Only the older divers came in the divers helmet style case so rest assured that your Aquis has come in the correct case.

looks authentic to me too, my blue dial diver came in the same boxes, two thumbs up
    "Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending".

Sweet I'm loving the new Aquis, very robust watch but subtitle in the same respect. I'll get some pics up soon.
    Roads? Where we're going we don't need roads...

I've seen several of those cases on WUS so I think you're fine. You're not missing anything with the helmet case. It's bulky, plastic, and a pain in the @$$ to open.

that's a much nicer case than the typical box that most have.
    at least it can double up as a travel case.

Thread Information