ORIS x HODINKEE (dropping on June 26)
Like Tree160Likes

Thread: ORIS x HODINKEE (dropping on June 26)

Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

ORIS x HODINKEE (dropping on June 26)

oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy!

i'm thinking it will a Diver 65 variation by the looks of the surfboard. no idea if i am gonna cop one, but considering the premium for flipping those limited plastic Swatches, and that recent Seiko Alpinist, i really don't want to miss out this time...

just hope that wherever Hodinkee puts their name on it, that it's nicely hidden on the back. ;)

i'm predicting it will cost $3,500-4,500 (wide range i know).
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last edited by shlomo_the_grouch; 3 Weeks Ago at 04:49.
    MR028 likes this.

Re: ORIS x HODINKEE (dropping on June 26)

Interesting. Hopeful for anither variant on either the Divers 65 Chronograph or Aquis 'Blue Whale' Chronograph.
    Oris Aquis 'Hammerhead' L.E.
    Oris Aquis Date
    Oris Classic
    Tudor Style

My main prediction, mostly based on the surfing imagery, is that they are going to try to appeal to a millennial, young professional/mid-30s "cool Hamptons dad" look. I feel like Oris is a company that definitely wants to break into the men's fashion scene, and Hodinkee can facilitate that well. Surfing is becoming a big trend, even here in NYC. Plus Hodinkee probably notices the fact that you don't see many Oris watches around in SoHo (where their offices are).

Also, whatever it is, it will definitely have to have at least 100m water resistance. Saw someone in another thread say it might be a Big Crown Pointer date in a new color. DOUBT IT. Has to appeal to the Montauk surf dad, based on that promo photo.

EDIT (Post thoughts): I should probably have mentioned that I see Hodinkee's "image" as pure NYC SoHo fashion elitism and this seriously influences my prediction.
    Last edited by shlomo_the_grouch; 3 Weeks Ago at 05:43.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by shlomo_the_grouch View Post
    My main prediction, mostly based on the surfing imagery, is that they are going to try to appeal to a millennial, young professional/mid-30s "cool Hamptons dad" look. I feel like Oris is a company that definitely wants to break into the men's fashion scene, and Hodinkee can facilitate that well. Surfing is becoming a big trend, even here in NYC. Plus Hodinkee probably notices the fact that you don't see many Oris watches around in SoHo (where their offices are).

Also, whatever it is, it will definitely have to have at least 100m water resistance. Saw someone in another thread say it might be a Big Crown Pointer date in a new color. DOUBT IT. Has to appeal to the Montauk surf dad, based on that promo photo.

EDIT (Post thoughts): I should probably have mentioned that I see Hodinkee's "image" as pure NYC SoHo fashion elitism and this seriously influences my prediction.
    I agree it won't be a Big Crown; that was last year's feature watch for Oris, not this. Also not consistent with the surfing pic.
    Oris Aquis 'Hammerhead' L.E.
    Oris Aquis Date
    Oris Classic
    Tudor Style

The copy on the main Hodinkee website is “ready, set, dive.” So my prediction is another LE Divers 65 Chronograph like the Carl Brashear LE. Probably not in bronze, even though that’s a “thing” Hodinkee would like, only because that’s what Oris did the Brashear in. Knowing Hodinkee and their love for women’s size watches, it will probably be a “perfect” 32mm...
    MR028 likes this.

One other minor clue regarding what you just said about the website copy. That "In celebration..." text links right to the Oris x Hodinkee promo pic above.
    Attached Images Attached Images

An Omega Seamaster... WTF??!!
    I have found that some people just like to hear themselves typing.

Friends don't let friends buy G-Schlocks.

Don't be effing around... get the Patek and be done!!

You think I'm condescending...?? Do you even know what that means... ??

Every time God closes one door... I open a bottle of bourbon.

¹ I have learned that you have to put a smiley face or LOL behind anything just so people don't take you too seriously.

Not a gambling man but I’d bet it was a 65 3 hander variant.

Quote Originally Posted by shlomo_the_grouch View Post
    no idea if i am gonna cop one, but considering the premium for flipping those limited plastic Swatches, and that recent Seiko Alpinist, i really don't want to miss out this time...
    Speaking of those limited plastic Swatches, I was able to purchase the blue Hodinkee Swatch last week on the Swatch site. It is sold out again now, but they had at least one back in stock.

Back on topic: I am excited to see this edition, but for all the special editions that Oris makes, I still haven't found one I like as well as my original 65 with the funky numerals. There is a good chance any Hodinkee version won't have a date window, so that could make it pretty sweet.

Very excited about this, hope it's on a bracelet.
    Instagram - @fenil_tp

Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information