Pro Pilot bracelet...why no love?
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Pro Pilot bracelet...why no love?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Pro Pilot bracelet...why no love?

Why doesn’t the Pro Pilot bracelet get the same love the Aquis does? I think they are both extremely comfortable due to the taper, nice edges, and smooth feel of the links. I’d even say they wear nicer than all of the GS’s I have owned and even my AT due to the taper making them incredible bang for your buck in my opinion.
    The Pro Pilot is primarily brushed with the exception of the polished beveled edges(I love this detail), while the Aquis has the satin center links and polished outer links. As for the build they are very similar. The Pro Pilot links are a bit chunky and don’t thin out as the bracelet tapers and remain a bit fat all the way through, while the Aquis links are longer and get progressively thinner as the bracelet tapers. Some might feel the slightly thinner links make the Aquis feel a bit more refined, but overall they’re very similar in my opinion. Their clasps are very different though. The Aquis has a two button clasp, while the Pro Pilot has a single, slightly recessed button.
    The Aquis is definitely flashier, but that doesn’t necessarily mean better (and I know a lot of people like to wear Pilot watches on leather), so why all the hype behind the Aquis bracelet and the tepid to negative responses to the Pro Pilot bracelet?
    Omega: Aqua Terra 220.10.41.21.03.001 Grand Seiko: SBGV223, SBGV205 Seiko: Tuna SBBN015 Oris: Aquis, Pro Pilot Sinn: LE 556i Marathon: JSAR Longines: Conquest V.H.P. G Shock: Too many...

Re: Pro Pilot bracelet...why no love?

May be more to do with context, perhaps with bracelets not being associated with pilot watches. Moreso leather, NATO. Personally I love the look if the ProPilot on the bracelet.

Quote Originally Posted by mitchjrj View Post
    Personally I love the look if the ProPilot on the bracelet.
    So do I:

Name:  IMG_0974.jpg
Views: 137
Size:  646.5 KB

Name:  IMG_1016.jpg
Views: 146
Size:  469.7 KB

The bracelet is extremely comfortable with 3 micro adjustment holes and it suits the watch perfectly IMO. I have never even considered trying a leather strap on it, which is unusual for me as I am prone to tinkering.

I don't own an Aquis to compare.
    EightEyes, cuffs, Ctom2 and 2 others like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

When your big brother is the All Star Aquis bracelet it’s difficult not to live in his shadow no matter how good you are.

I love the bracelet on my cal.111 pro pilot 10 days. I find it is very comfortable, though i have never worn it on anything else.
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/2g4MFrM]

Alpina, Ambassadeurs, Frederique Constant, Girard-Perregaux, Glycine, Mido, NORD Zeitmachine, Omega, Oris, Poljot, Seiko, Swatch, Tissot, Tutima, Ulysse Nardin, Zenith

Quote Originally Posted by mitchjrj View Post
    May be more to do with context, perhaps with bracelets not being associated with pilot watches. Moreso leather, NATO. Personally I love the look if the ProPilot on the bracelet.
    Agreed, and I mentioned that. I guess I’m just surprised when people talk about Oris’s high quality bracelets that it never gets mentioned. I consider it equal, if not *gulp* superior to the Aquis bracelet.
    Omega: Aqua Terra 220.10.41.21.03.001 Grand Seiko: SBGV223, SBGV205 Seiko: Tuna SBBN015 Oris: Aquis, Pro Pilot Sinn: LE 556i Marathon: JSAR Longines: Conquest V.H.P. G Shock: Too many...

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Jones82 View Post
    Agreed, and I mentioned that. I guess I’m just surprised when people talk about Oris’s high quality bracelets that it never gets mentioned. I consider it equal, if not *gulp* superior to the Aquis bracelet.
    Quality aside it’s also a bit more conventional.

Let me put it this way - I do NOT like the aesthetics of the Big Crown on a strap. I would never buy it. On a bracelet, however, completely different story. The "strap", for me, makes or breaks a watch.

So +1 from me for the Big Crown on that bracelet. Looks awesome !
    Before you ask, yes, I've seen -45 degrees (both Celsius and Fahrenheit)

Doesn’t the Propilot bracelet have push pins? The Aquis has screws.
    "The stuff that dreams are made of…" - RGM ‘801 EE Motor Barrel’

Oris makes fantastic bracelets for all of their bracelet equipped models. I think the TT1/Aquis bracelets can be arguably considered one of the best bracelets available regardless of brand. I think in your case OP, it's just a matter of popularity. More people are familiar with Aquis than Big Crown series, therefore more people rave about it. The Diver 65 bracelets, though drastically different in style and construction than the others is also fantastic. Pricey, but fantastic.
    ..........never cheer before you know who is winning.........

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information