Prodiver Date 2010 vs Prodiver Date 2013
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By sticky

Thread: Prodiver Date 2010 vs Prodiver Date 2013

Prodiver Date 2010 vs Prodiver Date 2013

In case some of you weren't aware, the 2013 Prodiver has changed in the date model, as well as the chronograph, which has already been mentioned here.

The specs are exactly the same but there are a few changes.
    1. Bracelet has changed, with a wider more pronounced center link.
    2. The bezel appears to be narrower, making the dial larger. Therefor the hands no longer touch the minute markers like on the 2010 model.
    3. Hour markers have had their sharp end tips cut off.

(2010 on left vs 2013 on right)

Personally I prefer the 2010 version better because what attracted me to the Prodiver range is the large, thick, bold bezel. I also like the original hour markers as I think it made Oris unique from other brands and is very distinctive. I can understand Oris's reason for going more mainstream, but I think their bold hour markers look sharp and attractive.

I have to say though, the newer bracelet looks great and is already on other models including the Aquis range which has proven itself already. I guess I'll need to aquire one of the new bracelets at some point and I'll have the perfect combination.

There may be more changes but from the photograph the only other differences I see are from the way the watch was shot, in terms of lighting. Parts, movement, luminova, etc, all appear to be exactly the same.

Any other thoughts?
    Last edited by leicashot; October 4th, 2013 at 01:25.

"Cheers"
    KD

Fully trained and certified Desk Diver

Re: Prodiver Date 2010 vs Prodiver Date 2013

....also FYI, at least in Australia the Titan C has been removed from the 2013/14 dealer catalogue. Discontinued?

"Cheers"
    KD

For those die hard Oris fans I find it unusual no one is talking about the change of the hour markers, which has made Oris distinctly unique in the Dive watch world. This is actually a very big change from Oris to go more mainstream. Do people think it's a good decision, or am I alone and boring people in this conversation?

"Cheers"
    KD

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Hi Kris, personally I'm a "fang" guy rather than the new style hour markers. I think that you are probably right about Oris going more mainstream. Oris have probably seen how successful the Aquis has been and thought 'how can we make the PDD a bit more like the Aquis?'
    Re the Titan C it is still showing on the website but if it's not in the dealer catalogues in Oz it shows which way the wind is blowing.
    leicashot likes this.

Thread Information