Q's on older Oris - Artix GT Day/Date 735-7662-4174RS - can't find info

Thread: Q's on older Oris - Artix GT Day/Date 735-7662-4174RS - can't find info

Q's on older Oris - Artix GT Day/Date 735-7662-4174RS - can't find info

Hi, all. Current "dress" watch is very formal - no chance of dressing it down - and it doesn't see much wrist time because I'm rarely in the office. I'm looking to find something that can work in both an office/formal and casual environment. In particular, I've been looking at the Oris Artix GT Mens Watch 735-7662-4174RS online, which looks like it could dress up or down well and I love the look, but there doesn't seem to be much information out there. My plan would be to rotate it between the rubber strap it comes with, a nice plain black leather strap, and a nice plain brown leather strap, depending on the occasion/outfit. My average/minimum watch size is 42mm case with a 22mm band width. I'd like to go a little bigger for my 7 1/4 wrist in the future, but if this is for work and casual I'm thinking this model will be sized okay? A few questions: I'm curious on the build quality and value of this watch in general? Does my goal for the watch sound appropriate for the model? Might I find the 20mm band too thin? Given that it comes with a screwdown and a rubber strap, I assume it's okay for snorkeling, swimming etc.? Are there any pictures of this watch on the wrist? I'd really like to purchase this watch but am leery since I can find little to no information about it, and it seems to be an older model as it's not listed on the Oris site. Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks! - Justin

Re: Q's on older Oris - Artix GT Day/Date 735-7662-4174RS - can't find info

Have a look on the Oris website under the motorsport range at the current GT watches for 01 735 7662 4154. Oris don't do the RS number that you quoted any more. The 735 indicates that it will have a Sellita movement in it rather than the ETA that was fitted to older versions. About half of my Oris watches have Sellita innards to them and I've no complaints. Quality wise I think Oris are excellent and at their price point there are few to touch them.
    Last edited by sticky; August 6th, 2013 at 18:46. Reason: Typo

Re: Q's on older Oris - Artix GT Day/Date 735-7662-4174RS - can't find info

Quote Originally Posted by sticky View Post
    Have a look on the Oris website under the motorsport range at the current GT watches for 01 735 7662 4154.
    Thanks much for the info! I've located the newer version on the site now. Thanks again-
    Last edited by siNdreAd; August 7th, 2013 at 21:56.

Thread Information