Question About Oris Big Crown ProPilot Chronograph

Thread: Question About Oris Big Crown ProPilot Chronograph

Question About Oris Big Crown ProPilot Chronograph

Hello. Long time lurker, but first time posting in this forum. I am hoping someone in the community is able to help answer a question.

I am interested in purchasing my first Pilot's Watch Chronograph. I have it narrowed to three models:

1. Oris Big Crown ProPilot Chronograph (01 774 7699 4063-07 5 22 19FC; 10 bar water resistance, but uncertain if it is features like anti-magnetism and low pressure resistant crown found on the Sinn?0

2. Sinn 358 Chronograph (10 Bar water resistance, lower cost to IWC, overall good value for $)

3. IWC Spitfire Chronograph (6 bar water resistance, better name recognition but is is worth the $)

I am learning heavily towards the Oris because I prefer the dial configuration; specifically the ability to read all the numbers on the dial. Whereas you cannot see the 12, 3, 6 & 9 on the Sinn and IWC dials. But the Sinn and IWC have a day date complication; the Oris only has the date. Trade offs!

The Oris dial is the largest at 44mm. I cannot find the lug to lug measurements for the Big Crown ProPilot Chronograph anywhere (google, forum search, etc.). I am hoping someone who owns this watch, or has the knowledge, is willing to share?

Thanks in advance for your input.

Happy New Year!

Re: Question About Oris Big Crown ProPilot Chronograph

Adding another contender to the list: Breitling Aviator 8 Chronograph (10 bar water resistance, day + date complication, GMT bezel). The Breitling is more expensive than the Sinn and Oris, but I believe they were the first to incorporate a chronograph pusher into a pilot's watch? This might have moved to the top of my list!

I am still curious to know the lug to lug measurement of the Oris Big Crown ProPilot though. Does anyone happen to know what it is?

If it was a horse race the Oris would be in the lead and be the clear favourite. Oris ADs aren’t rare so why don’t you seek out the watch and kill two birds with one stone. Measure the L2L on the sly and try it on.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Thanks for the tip Sticky. I already contacted Oris and an Oris AD and have not received a response from either. That's why I was hoping someone on here might be able to assist. I found reviews of other Big Crown ProPilot models with a simiar case diameter as the chronograph. Based on that, I suspect the lug to lug width of the chrono to be around 52-53mm. Probably too large for my 7 ¼ inch wrist.

Thread Information