Question about the Oris Rubber Strap
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Question about the Oris Rubber Strap

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question about the Oris Rubber Strap

I really need answer as I am look for an Oris in a rubber strap. Is it necessary to cut the Oris rubber straps? From pictures, I would say sizing is very flexible on the straps.

Do people cut it because there is too much rubber tucked in after you wear it? If people do cut it, which side do you cut from?

Re: Question about the Oris Rubber Strap

I didn't cut mine. I actually like that rubber tucked under, it sticks to the wrist and allows the strap to be worn looser but not move around.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Eric, some of the rubber straps have to be cut to length at the clasp end. Oris brought out the sliding sledge rubber strap for the divers to do away with this and only people with wrists as thin as mine need to cut the straps to make the watch fit. I do know of some owners who have cut off the end of the strap for comfort as the tongue of the strap wraps around the wrist. Mine's never bothered me and besides it's not supposed to be done as it cuts off the final safety stop that prevents the watch falling off your wrist if the clasp comes undone and the adjuster comes out of its hole (highly unlikely)
    El Gato likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Thanks you, I forgot to mention I was only talking about the straps for the Divers. If I can choose, of course I do not what to cut anything and it seems like to me an Oris rubber strap does not need to be cut because my wrist is about 7.5 inches.

Calgary, Canada via Marin County, California

The Aquis divers and the Prodivers use the new rubber strap with diver extension clasp that doesn't require any cutting of the strap. It's a brilliant system (I think it's the best on the market). Macro adjustments are made by sliding the loose end of the strap into the clasp and fastening it at the appropriate length. Micro adjustments can be made directly on the clasp, while wearing the watch, by using the diver extension buttons and sliding the opposite strap end into a looser or tighter position on the clasp. It provides a quick and easy system to size the strap, and will fit a huge range of wrist sizes. There might be other diver models that use it as well, but my only experience has been with the Aquis and Prodiver models.

Here's what the system looks like.

Name:  DSC03945_c2.JPG
Views: 1191
Size:  99.1 KB
    Last edited by BrentYYC; December 29th, 2013 at 01:27.

Yes I really want to get a Oris with rubber strapp, I've been looking at the Oris Aquis Regulator Tubbataha, looks very nice in bracelet and rubber.

Eric, I think I mentioned in my earlier post that I needed to cut the rubber strap (only a bit) on my 49mm PDD so that it would fit my huge 6.75" wrist. You should have no such fun and games with the Tubb.
    Last edited by sticky; December 29th, 2013 at 17:10. Reason: Typo

Quote Originally Posted by sticky View Post
    Eric, I think I mentioned in my earlier post that I needed to cut the rubber strap (only a bit) on my 49mm PDD so that it would fit my huge 6.75" wrist. You should have no such fun and games with the Tubb.
    Sticky where did you end up getting yours from mate? Ive been quoted £150 from a AD in Hull

Btw, is this system patented? I was wonder why not more companies use such brilliant system

Quote Originally Posted by NickU View Post
    Sticky where did you end up getting yours from mate? Ive been quoted £150 from a AD in Hull
    Hi Nick, I bought the watch, bracelet and strap all as a job lot from my local AD. I've just rung them for a price on the strap but they can't help me as their supplier is closed now until the new year.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information