Queston about the Small Second
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By sticky
  • 1 Post By watchma
  • 2 Post By red_dave

Thread: Queston about the Small Second

Queston about the Small Second

I am quite new to this, can someone explain to me how the small second is suppose to be adjust, what are the two hands on the small dial suppose to measure?

Re: Queston about the Small Second

The Small Second is a hacking movement so the hand can be stopped at the 12 o-clock position when you come to set the time. On the two ended second hand only half of it is lumed and either end can be used to set the time with just s long as you use the same end when you come to check the timekeeping of your watch or adjust it. As for why the small second hand has two ends I suspect that Oris did it because it looked good. I know some folks think that it was done so that you only have to wait 30 seconds when setting your watch.
    s.erickson87 likes this.

Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by sticky View Post
    The Small Second is a hacking movement so the hand can be stopped at the 12 o-clock position when you come to set the time. On the two ended second hand only half of it is lumed and either end can be used to set the time with just s long as you use the same end when you come to check the timekeeping of your watch or adjust it. As for why the small second hand has two ends I suspect that Oris did it because it looked good. I know some folks think that it was done so that you only have to wait 30 seconds when setting your watch.
    I agree. I'd personally probably use the lumed end. But it depends on the person. Like how they look, but still prefer large seconds hand.

BTW good call with the 30 seconds thing, I never would have thought of that.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Lume end shows the current time.

Non-Lume end shows the time 30 seconds ago...

:)
    BELL & ROSS - BR01-96 | CASIO - G Shock G-7900A-7 | ORIS - Oris Divers Small Second, Date | TISSOT - T Race-MotoGP | TIMEX - Indiglo Reef Gear

Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by red_dave View Post
    Non-Lume end shows the time 30 seconds ago...
    Or what the time is gonna be in 30 seconds time
    sticky likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by watchma View Post
    Or what the time is gonna be in 30 seconds time
    But then you have to also use the minute hand... and that makes red_dave's brain hurt...
    watchma and Dan83bz like this.
    BELL & ROSS - BR01-96 | CASIO - G Shock G-7900A-7 | ORIS - Oris Divers Small Second, Date | TISSOT - T Race-MotoGP | TIMEX - Indiglo Reef Gear

Thread Information