Remove Link of Oris GBR III Bracelet

Thread: Remove Link of Oris GBR III Bracelet

Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    3

    Remove Link of Oris GBR III Bracelet

    Hey everyone...

    I just got the Oris GBR III, and am trying to resize the bracelet, by removing a few links.

    I think it uses screws to keep the links together, and not pins, so I can't just push them out. I was able to remove one screw, but cannot get any others out - I can't even get them to move. I have a screwdriver, which I think is small enough, but can't get it.

    Any help, or advice? I think the issue is the screwdriver is having problems gripping the screw.

  2. #2
    Member Sparrowhawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    727

    Re: Remove Link of Oris GBR III Bracelet

    Quote Originally Posted by cydonia88 View Post
    Hey everyone...

    I just got the Oris GBR III, and am trying to resize the bracelet, by removing a few links.

    I think it uses screws to keep the links together, and not pins, so I can't just push them out. I was able to remove one screw, but cannot get any others out - I can't even get them to move. I have a screwdriver, which I think is small enough, but can't get it.

    Any help, or advice? I think the issue is the screwdriver is having problems gripping the screw.

    If Loctite was used on the screws, you may need to run hot water over the bracelet/ screws for a few minutes to 'unlock' the screws. Adding Loctite to the screws you are screwing back into the bracelet is also beneficial.

    Are there screws on both sides of the bracelet links? If so, you may need two screwdrivers.

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    3

    Re: Remove Link of Oris GBR III Bracelet

    Quote Originally Posted by Sparrowhawk View Post
    If Loctite was used on the screws, you may need to run hot water over the bracelet/ screws for a few minutes to 'unlock' the screws. Adding Loctite to the screws you are screwing back into the bracelet is also beneficial.

    Are there screws on both sides of the bracelet links? If so, you may need two screwdrivers.
    I saw they might use Loctite, so I'll try hot water. And no, the screws are only on one side, and this is like the one I was able to remove.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    3

    Re: Remove Link of Oris GBR III Bracelet

    The hot water didn't work...I think the screwdrivers I have may be too wide. They are a good length, but seem to be too wide.

    Is that possible?

  6. #5
    Member ChronoSage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    380

    Re: Remove Link of Oris GBR III Bracelet

    I have a Clean Ocean. You really need a very tiny jeweller’s flat head screw drive to move those bracelet screws. Sorry I don’t know the exact size you need. I’ll have a look tomorrow at my set and report back.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #6
    Member gto05z's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    159

    Re: Remove Link of Oris GBR III Bracelet

    try a hair dryer on the loctite, then only use purple loctite to reassemble, the screwdriver is 0.8mm flat head I think or could be 0.5mm
    IG #roscoe101010

    Oris Aquis "Source of Life" LE, Oris Aquis Regulateur Der Meistertaucher, Oris Aquis Staghorn LE, Oris Aquis Great Barrier Reef III LE, Steinhart Ocean 1 GMT Titanium, Lum-Tec Bull 42 A20, Lum-Tec Combat B33 GMT, Luminox Atacama Field Day/Date Black, Raymond Weil Tango, Citizen Eco Drive Promaster, Citizen Eco Drive Pro Master Marine Aqualand 200m, Geckota S-01 300 m Auto Dive Watch , Seiko SKX007J1 modded, Seiko 5 Sports "Purple Haze" LE, Citizen Promaster Asia Limited Edition Fugu NY0097-87A, Victorinox INOX Pro Diver, Seiko Prospex "Save The Ocean Great White Shark Edition" Turtle 200M Automatic.

  8. #7
    Member sticky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    South Yorkshire
    Posts
    58,263

    Re: Remove Link of Oris GBR III Bracelet

    Most important of all make sure that the screwdriver you use is an exact fit in the sawgate of the screw. Oris tend to be a little heavy handed with the threadlock so a heat gun may be needed (be sure to shield the watch head) One guy on WUS ended up having to resort to a soldering iron to get the threadlock to let go.

  9. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Ab, Canada
    Posts
    399

    Re: Remove Link of Oris GBR III Bracelet

    Quote Originally Posted by sticky View Post
    Most important of all make sure that the screwdriver you use is an exact fit in the sawgate of the screw. Oris tend to be a little heavy handed with the threadlock so a heat gun may be needed (be sure to shield the watch head) One guy on WUS ended up having to resort to a soldering iron to get the threadlock to let go.
    I heated the end of a paperclip to red hot with the stove and touched it to the threaded end of the screw for about 10 seconds. Worked great to loosen the loctite. A good fit for the screwdriver is very important, too.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •