Replacement Fabric Strap for ProPilot Models - are there Aftermarket options?

Thread: Replacement Fabric Strap for ProPilot Models - are there Aftermarket options?

Replacement Fabric Strap for ProPilot Models - are there Aftermarket options?

Folks,

I'm relatively new to the world of Oris, but i've recently found myself interested on the Big Crown ProPilot GMT. I like the fabric strap, and i'm absolutely liking the deployant clasp mechanism. I think it's a very neat solution.

That said i have a few questions/concerns that I hope current owners of the PP can help with :

1. How does the fabric strap hold up over time? I've seen reviews which have commented that the fabric has started to show signs of light 'fraying' despite the watch being relatively new.

2. Given that it is fabric (with a leather base), it will eventually need replacing. Are there aftermarket fabric or leather straps that can work with the rather propriety deployant clasp? I would hate to have to give up the clasp if I chose to go aftermarket.

3. If the only option is to replace the strap with an Oris strap, does anyone know the cost of the strap?

Re: Replacement Fabric Strap for ProPilot Models - are there Aftermarket options?

I have a PP Date, but it’s a very similar piece. Any leather or nylon (fabric) strap will show wear after a while. There are a ton of aftermarket straps of all kinds, styles, and materials you can get for your watch. In fact, fair warning, it’s kind of addicting. It allows you to completely change the look and feel of your piece. Especially once you discover quick change spring bars. The lug width on the PP GMT is 22mm, so that will give you lots of options.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “It is the time you have wasted for your rose that makes your rose so important.”

Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, The Little Prince

Re: Replacement Fabric Strap for ProPilot Models - are there Aftermarket options?

In my experience OEM fabric straps aren’t the best things in the world. Fortunately there are a load of third party straps available.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by TechGuyJ View Post
    I have a PP Date, but it’s a very similar piece. Any leather or nylon (fabric) strap will show wear after a while. There are a ton of aftermarket straps of all kinds, styles, and materials you can get for your watch. In fact, fair warning, it’s kind of addicting. It allows you to completely change the look and feel of your piece. Especially once you discover quick change spring bars. The lug width on the PP GMT is 22mm, so that will give you lots of options.

Hi TechGuyJ, thanks for sharing. I know there are tons of aftermarket options, but I wanted to know if there are options that would be 'compatible' with Oris' deployant clasp.

When you shared about aftermarket options, did you mean, using 'regular' buckle systems? Or did you mean that they could be fitted onto Oris' clasp?

Quote Originally Posted by gtspare View Post
    Hi TechGuyJ, thanks for sharing. I know there are tons of aftermarket options, but I wanted to know if there are options that would be 'compatible' with Oris' deployant clasp.

When you shared about aftermarket options, did you mean, using 'regular' buckle systems? Or did you mean that they could be fitted onto Oris' clasp?
    Both. I you would just need to measure what the width of the strap is at the buckle end and then find similar straps. If it tapers from 22 at the lugs to 20 at the buckle, that’s very common. 22 to 18 isn’t as common but does exist. I don’t know what the width is at the buckle on that one though.

“It is the time you have wasted for your rose that makes your rose so important.”

Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, The Little Prince

I was thinking the same thing. If you happen to have do this before, do post photos if you have any

Thread Information