Scratched minute hand on aquis

Thread: Scratched minute hand on aquis

Scratched minute hand on aquis

Hello, I have the blue dial aquis on rubber. I went to set it the other day and accidentally turned it counterclockwise and the minute hand passed under the second hand, scratching the minute hand. Barely noticeable, but it's there. Oddly, it doesn't touch or scratch the minute hand when running clockwise, only if I turn counterclockwise... Your thoughts? Anything I can/should do? Thanks all!

Re: Scratched minute hand on aquis

Can someone explain this to me? I always thought the hour hand was below the minute hand, how could they make contact regardless of how you turn it?

The minute hand is below the second hand. That is what scratched the minute hand. As the minute hand went beneath the second hand backwards, it scratched.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

To my way of thinking this should not happen regardless of which way you adjust the hands. Are you sure that you put the mark on the minute hand and it wasn't there already and you only noticed it when you altered it?
    It could be that the two hands are passing too close to each other and a bit of extra play in the gearing allowed the two to meet. I would have a watchmaker look at it regardless because when all said and done watches of this quality should be Sticky proof and I hardly think that the hands touching in this way qualifies.

I am sure it happened as I said. I wondered how that mark got there and upon closer inspection, noticed that the little lume bubble on the second hand is directly over the scratch as it passes over the minute hand. So then I thought it happened as I set it properly so I started playing with the time setting and there was no touching when going clockwise. So then when I ran it counter clockwise, I could see a small glitch as the second hand passed over the minute hand! Almost unnoticeable, but there still the same. I hate to send it back for factory inspection although I did get it at an ad... And it is under warranty... Would this be covered? I have no clue... Or take it to any old watch fixer around here?

Hm...I thought I could share my experience... Similar thing happened to my titan c, one day I have noticed a scratch on the small second and I have send it to the AD for repair, and it turned out to be a dust particle that looked like a scratch...You should definitely send it back to repair cause it is under warranty...

I contacted oris and they want me to end it to their authorized repair facility, The Watchmaker. So I will call them Monday to let them know I'm sending it and off it goes! Hopefully, they will fix it under warranty. I'll let you all know what happens!

I firmly believe that this is a warranty issue so before you send it to the service centre make sure the AD is in the loop as he may wish to handle things. Oh, and the cynic in me says to take plenty of photos, front, back, strap, the cat basically anything that you will be able to use if the matter is not resolved satisfactorily (O.K. - don't bother with the cat). The chances are that you will never need the photos but......

Thread Information