The Sellita movement...
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: The Sellita movement...

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

The Sellita movement...

I have been wearing my new/pre-owned Aquis for about 11 days and have come to the conclusion that the Sellita SW200-1 movement just isn't very accurate. This is the second Aquis I have owned (the last two) that has been a real time gainer. The first Aquis I owned had the ETA 2824 movement in it and it was a great deal more accurate - +/-3 spd. The last two Aquis I have owned have gained at least 10 spd. I have no idea what kind of accuracy Sellita claims for these movements but I have had much better success with Seiko's 6R15 and 8L35 movements. I can understand better accuracy from the 8L35 movement because it is a hand made movement that is more expensive but the 6R15 movement is nothing special, certainly not any better than the Sellita SW200-1.

Not looking for answers just making an observation.

I know automatics vary in their accuracy. I get that. However, I just think that even an automatic movement, like the Sellita SW200-1, should be able to be accurate within 10 spd.
    Ginault 180260GSLN (Serial #TE111) and Hamilton Khaki Field mechanical

Re: The Sellita movement...

I have two watches with the SW200-1. My ProPilot Big Crown runs consistently at +1/day and the Archimede Outdoor runs at around +4-5/day. Perhaps you've just been unlucky :(

Quote Originally Posted by dontomaso View Post
    I have two watches with the SW200-1. My ProPilot Big Crown runs consistently at +1/day and the Archimede Outdoor runs at around +4-5/day. Perhaps you've just been unlucky :(
    Perhaps but two out of two is a terrible average. I'm going to try the resting position technique to see if I can get it not gain so much time so quickly.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

My diver sixty five runs similarly fast.... I wish it were better. If you find a way to skier her down. Please do tell

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Skier - slow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wish to point out that a pre-owned watch has "previous experience" and it may not be fair to Sellita or your particular movement to critique it in public before getting it regulated and retested as it may have been previously dropped or banged around.

Get it regulated before judging it.

My 3 Sellita are about as accurate as my ETA, Seiko, Soprod and Miyota. Don't paint a movement maker on the basis of one or two old, used unregulated examples.

Hand made accuracy compared to regulated machine made accuracy is the same.
    Last edited by yankeexpress; January 15th, 2016 at 04:13.
    Mediocre likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by yankeexpress View Post
    Wish to point out that a pre-owned watch has "previous experience" and it may not be fair to Sellita or your particular movement to critique it in public before getting it regulated and retested as it may have been previously dropped or banged around.

Get it regulated before judging it.

My 3 Sellita are about as accurate as my ETA, Seiko, Soprod and Miyota. Don't paint a movement maker on the basis of one or two old, used unregulated examples.

Hand made accuracy compared to regulated machine made accuracy is the same.
    What? Am I hurting the Sellita movement's feelings by "criticizing" it in public? Give me a break. It is what it is...not accurate and running fast. I looked up the spec's on Sellita's website and their own website states that +/- 12 spd is well within range for the SW200-1 movement. That's a range of 24 spd. That is not accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by rosborn View Post
    I have been wearing my new/pre-owned Aquis for about 11 days and have come to the conclusion that the Sellita SW200-1 movement just isn't very accurate. This is the second Aquis I have owned (the last two) that has been a real time gainer. The first Aquis I owned had the ETA 2824 movement in it and it was a great deal more accurate - +/-3 spd. The last two Aquis I have owned have gained at least 10 spd. I have no idea what kind of accuracy Sellita claims for these movements but I have had much better success with Seiko's 6R15 and 8L35 movements. I can understand better accuracy from the 8L35 movement because it is a hand made movement that is more expensive but the 6R15 movement is nothing special, certainly not any better than the Sellita SW200-1.

Not looking for answers just making an observation.

I know automatics vary in their accuracy. I get that. However, I just think that even an automatic movement, like the Sellita SW200-1, should be able to be accurate within 10 spd.
    Timing running +10 is really well within the limits for a standard grade SW200 or ETA 2824 (even higher grades). Check out the specs listed on Wikipedia - it will be an eye opener.
    Last edited by por44; January 15th, 2016 at 07:22.
    mikegoldnj likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by rosborn View Post
    What? Am I hurting the Sellita movement's feelings by "criticizing" it in public? Give me a break. It is what it is...not accurate and running fast. I looked up the spec's on Sellita's website and their own website states that +/- 12 spd is well within range for the SW200-1 movement. That's a range of 24 spd. That is not accurate.
    ​Get it regulated
    mpalmer likes this.

lvt

It could happen with movements from any brand. Unless the movement is COSC certified or equivalent (Grand Seiko, high-end watches...)

Sent from my HTC One SV using Tapatalk
    Ball - Casio / G-shock - HMT - Longines - Parnis - Seagull - Seiko - Steinhart - Tissot - Victorinox - Yema

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information