So my watch fell off today......... :S (Conversion from friction to button clasp?)
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By sticky

Thread: So my watch fell off today......... :S (Conversion from friction to button clasp?)

Confused So my watch fell off today......... :S (Conversion from friction to button clasp?)

While testing out a bed at Ikea today (tricky stuff ) I noticed the bracelet on my TT1 Lumi felt a bit loose, and sure enough it had popped right off, security fold thing and all...

I never quite liked the folding, friction clasps as much as the twin button on my Tag Heuer Aquaracer,

Is it possible to change the clasp to a later, push button deployment version?
    I dont really feel safe wearing it anymore :(

Name:  2013-02-25 20.49.19.jpg
Views: 559
Size:  306.3 KBName:  2013-02-25 17.17.27.jpg
Views: 514
Size:  270.0 KBName:  2013-03-13 00.24.23.jpg
Views: 471
Size:  221.1 KB (Obligatory lume shot :) )

I absoloutlty love this thing, and it took me almost a year to find too!!

Cheers!
    Tag heuer Aquaracer 300m
    Oris TT1 Lume Dial

Re: So my watch fell off today......... :S (Conversion from friction to button clasp?)

Firstly, nice TT1 you have there. I'm guessing that your TT1 has an interhorn width of 24mm and new style Ti bracelets are available for it - at a price. I have read about problems with this style of bracelet before and each time it was solved by the application of some finger pressure to tighten the clasp and flip lock up. Give it a whirl as a new bracelet won't be cheap especially as it is Ti. An AD will tell you exactly which bracelet you need.
    Ghettobird likes this.

TTL

Re: So my watch fell off today......... :S (Conversion from friction to button clasp?)

I would bet that the clasp just needs its retention clip and safety fold tightened up a bit. Easy to do with finger pressure, or you can have your nearest watchmaker take a look at it.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by sticky View Post
    Firstly, nice TT1 you have there. I'm guessing that your TT1 has an interhorn width of 24mm and new style Ti bracelets are available for it - at a price. I have read about problems with this style of bracelet before and each time it was solved by the application of some finger pressure to tighten the clasp and flip lock up. Give it a whirl as a new bracelet won't be cheap especially as it is Ti. An AD will tell you exactly which bracelet you need.
    Gave it a go just now, and it seems to be an improvement, What are the new push button clasps like? Ive read that sometimes they can pop open with pressure on just one of the deployment releases!
    Tag heuer Aquaracer 300m
    Oris TT1 Lume Dial

The new style clasps are awesome. Both the straps and bracelets have 2 button clasps on them which operate little guzinters that engage with holes in the other part of the clasp. Both of the buttons have to be pressed to open the clasp up. If the clasp were to open when only one button is depressed then there is a fault with the clasp. I have just tried with the clasp of the strap on my PDD which is more flexible than a bracelet and both buttons needed to be pressed no matter what I did. (thank heavens no one saw me otherwise I would be writing this from the lunatic asylum)

Thread Information