(Soon to be) new owner of Oris Small Seconds Date.. Bracelet question.

Thread: (Soon to be) new owner of Oris Small Seconds Date.. Bracelet question.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

(Soon to be) new owner of Oris Small Seconds Date.. Bracelet question.

Guys,

Have any of you swapped a Oris Small Second Date Stainless Steel bracelet with a Titan C Titanium Bracelet?

If so, did you get a noticeable weight differnce in the watch overall (Small Second on SS Bracelet is 250grams)?

Can anyone tell me what the weight difference in the SS and Titanium bracelet is?

Also, does anyone have a price for the Titanium Bracelet and were to get one?

Thanks guys!

Will

"I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road.” - Stephen Hawking
    Current Watch - Breitling SS Aeromarine Avenger Seawolf - Blue Dial

Re: (Soon to be) new owner of Oris Small Seconds Date.. Bracelet question.

Not sure on the weight differences between the Titanium and SS. I just ordered a Titan "C" 47mm from Toppers which is a sponsor of the site. The one they had came with a rubber strap. They ordered me a Titanium bracelet and it was $200. Everything should be here tomorrow. I cant wait.

CJ. You mind me asking the price of the Titan C?

Will

"I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road.” - Stephen Hawking

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Calgary, Canada via Marin County, California

Quote Originally Posted by wluttrell View Post
    Can anyone tell me what the weight difference in the SS and Titanium bracelet is?
    If you can weigh your bracelet, I'll weigh my titanium bracelet and let you know what it is in grams for comparison.

Sweet. Thanks Brent. I think FOO actually has the weight in one of their videos. Let me check.

Hey Brent,

Friends of Oris says that the Watch/SS Bracelet is 250 grams, and that the Watch/Rubber Strap is 180 grams. Do you happen to know how many grams the Rubber strap is by itself?

My EXTENSIVE Algebraic prowress tells me we could find the weight difference by knowing any 2 variables. :)

Will

Quote Originally Posted by wluttrell View Post
    Do you happen to know how many grams the Rubber strap is by itself?

My EXTENSIVE Algebraic prowress tells me we could find the weight difference by knowing any 2 variables. :)

Will
    Ahhhh.... but what your algebraic prowess can't factor in is that both my rubber straps are on titanium deployant clasps, not stainless steel, unfortunately, so you can't compare with the strap that comes standard on the SS cased watch.

Lol. Good point.

But if its just the weight of the deployant; then that number is probably menial.

:)

I have a couple of numbers that allowed me to estimate the weight of your watch with a titanium bracelet.

I measured my rubber strap with titanium deployant, and it weighs in at 32 grams. That's a 38 gram weight saving compared to the standard rubber with stainless clasp, which according to your numbers weighs 70 grams (250-180). Amazing the weight saving you get with a titanium clasp. I weighed the titanium bracelet from my Prodiver that I had in my strap box (my Aquis titanium bracelet was mounted so I couldn't compare) and it weighed 58 grams (26 gms more than the rubber & titanium strap) so the watch with titanium bracelet should be 12 grams lighter than the watch on rubber strap with stainless clasp. Therefore, based on those measurements and working the numbers, putting a titanium bracelet on your watch should drop the total weight by 1/3 to around 168 grams. The titanium bracelet works out to be about 82 grams lighter than the stainless bracelet.
    Last edited by BrentYYC; April 24th, 2013 at 16:25.

Brent, Thank you very much!

I wouldn't of guessed that the Ti Bracelet was that light! Well when I recieve the watch on Friday /Saturday and if its too heavy; I may look into selling the SS bracelet and getting the Ti one!

I'm going to make out a table to post for WUS if anyone is interested in the numbers!

Thanks again man.

Will

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information