Is there a Special Tool for Removing ORIS Bracelet Link Pins?

Thread: Is there a Special Tool for Removing ORIS Bracelet Link Pins?

Is there a Special Tool for Removing ORIS Bracelet Link Pins?

I have obtained 3 Oris watches recently, all with metal bracelets. I have always used a watch repair kit from Amazon but when I first tried to remove a link from my Artelier, which is chromed out so I want to be careful, my pin got stuck after I really tried to shove that sucker in there hard. It appears the holes and corresponding pins are skinnier than standard ones. An Oris AD I stopped at (without my watches) confirmed that they can be a pain.

So, is there a good kit for this? I ask because I'm in the suburbs now and the AD keeps banker's hours, not to mention they charge crazy fees to add or remove links.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Is there a Special Tool for Removing ORIS Bracelet Link Pins?

Usually with watch sizing tool kits, there are several pins of various sizes for just this reason. I don't believe there's a special tool to size it... I use the same pin + hammer for my Omega as Oris and it works just fine.
    the five stages of a watch flipper
    infatuation
    appropriation acquisition justification resale

When I sized my 65 it was a real pain to do (MK1 punch breaker) but it was just a normal pin.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by sticky View Post
    When I sized my 65 it was a real pain to do (MK1 punch breaker) but it was just a normal pin.
    Problem is my pin removal tool got stuck right in the Oris Artelier and I had to forcefully remove it. It also ruined the tool. Perhaps you could recommend a better pin removal tool?

Quote Originally Posted by muchmouthen View Post
    Problem is my pin removal tool got stuck right in the Oris Artelier and I had to forcefully remove it. It also ruined the tool. Perhaps you could recommend a better pin removal tool?
    Your using a pin pusher that is too thick for you watch. If you put the pusher in and its tight or difficult to get in the hole don't use it. I ordered several each of the 2 smallest sizes available on ebay from china. This is not who I ordered from (no longer available) however its the same thing: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Watch-Band-...nHF-3JycuON7zw

Buy a few each of the smaller sizes available
    %99 of people do not notice or care whats on your wrist. All that matters is that YOU like what you see.

Got my punch from Cousinsuk. They sell them in various sizes like .7, .8 and .9mm. I have a feeling that it was the .8mm size that I used on my 65. You can also get punch sets. It’s important to use a punch that is slightly smaller than the pin so the collar doesn’t grab it.

Thread Information