Thoughts on Aquis Old vs New and LE VS Non-LE
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Thoughts on Aquis Old vs New and LE VS Non-LE

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thoughts on Aquis Old vs New and LE VS Non-LE

Hello everyone,

I am new to this forum and excited to be part of this community!

I got really into Oris in general when I found out how it remained to be independent until these days, so I visited an AD near me. I got to try different watches such as BC (pilot, pointer date), Artelier, 65, and Aquis. First Aquis I got was an older version with orange indices on black dial. I ended up selling it, since my wife gave me a surprise with a newer version in the same colorway design (ironically she liked older one better but knew I was contemplating whether to get a newer one or not).

Though I felt the older one more robust and tooly (and "masculine" according to my wife), I kept the new one because it felt more dressy and sleek. So if anyone is trying to decide whether to get an Aquis older or newer version, I can say it's between toolier vs dressier Aquis, respectively - hope this helps!

Now my thoughts on 'regular' Aquis vs LE Aquis - which is Source of Life (hereafter "SoL") for me:

- Though they are the same watch in terms of case and bracelet as well as movement, I feel that the dial design and composition change how each piece is perceived differently.

- Though SoL has a really cool date wheel which makes the dial even more balanced than 6 o'clock window, I actually preferred the non-LE due to better legibility. Perhaps if the date wheel indicator on the SoL is a different color than white, it may be different (i.e. other LE such as Staghorn).

- The tungsten bezel insert on SoL is really cool and supposed to be harder than ceramic on the non-LE. It really adds an interesting aesthetic to the color of the overall watch, imo (but Oris seems to really pull off unique colorways for LE lines, which are all VERY unique to other dive watches out there).

- Lastly, SoL has a really mesmerizing sunburst dial that is just so unique. The non-LE isn't a complete matte dial either, but it is very subtle sunburst-ed. SoL is the only sunburst dial that I actually liked, other than vintage dress watches' silver or champagne toned dials.

So now, I've been trying to decide which one to keep and which one to sell/trade... I already posted my SoL on another platform, but I may withdraw until I make up my mind. Any opinion would be appreciated if you have any experience that is different or similar to mine!

Anyways, thank you for reading my first opinion post on WUS.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Dark Overlord likes this.
    Current 7-watch:
    Hamilton (Medford), Nomos (Tangente 139), Heuer (980.013 1000 Diver, Pepsi GMT Mod), Oris (BCPD HB-RAG), Seiko (SRP307), Lorier(Gemini), Casio ('Royale')

Re: Thoughts on Aquis Old vs New and LE VS Non-LE

It's all about personal taste, I'd definitely keep the SoL ! I don't like the orange index/hands on the Aquis.

SoL all day long for me too. I previously owned the orange version as well with a matching orange rubber strap. It was a nice watch, but the lume was quite disappointing. I find the dial on the SoL much more interesting.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by crazyotterhound View Post
    SoL all day long for me too. I previously owned the orange version as well with a matching orange rubber strap. It was a nice watch, but the lume was quite disappointing. I find the dial on the SoL much more interesting.
    I agree on the weak lume part - interestingly, older version with orange indices actually lumed in BLUE and was much stronger. Newer has ORANGE lumes under the dark, which are weak.
    Current 7-watch:
    Hamilton (Medford), Nomos (Tangente 139), Heuer (980.013 1000 Diver, Pepsi GMT Mod), Oris (BCPD HB-RAG), Seiko (SRP307), Lorier(Gemini), Casio ('Royale')

Quote Originally Posted by br1ce View Post
    It's all about personal taste, I'd definitely keep the SoL ! I don't like the orange index/hands on the Aquis.
    Thank you for your input, SoL definitely has its unique design... humm
    Current 7-watch:

Looks wise I would keep the SOL but considering where it came from the black one is the keeper.

Quote Originally Posted by sticky View Post
    Looks wise I would keep the SOL but considering where it came from the black one is the keeper.
    Thank you for the advice! My wife says "it won't hurt my feelings as long as you end up choosing one among the same design (Aquis) line"... she is a keeper!
    Current 7-watch:

Quote Originally Posted by br1ce View Post
    SoL is indeed pretty! Thank you for your input!
    Current 7-watch:

SoL for the win.

Not even a choice.

Just look at them! SoL just looks so amazing.

(slightly biased, since I own the same one on the left...)

older vs newer has come up a lot. I have the last generation Aquis small seconds. The colors I prefer, but other than that I prefer the newer Aquis designs.

between these two, the SOL is a real winner. They are both great for sure, but the SOL is special. I typically like colored bezels more than silver/steel but not here.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information