Thoughts on the new Oris Artelier Calibre 113
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Thoughts on the new Oris Artelier Calibre 113

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thoughts on the new Oris Artelier Calibre 113

I see Oris have announced an addition to their top-of-the-line in house Calibre range, with the Calibre 113, featuring a "business calendar" function. To debut at Baselworld in March. Initially, I thought the dial quite busy, but I am growing to like it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spring-Diver and Krish47 like this.

Re: Thoughts on the new Oris Artelier Calibre 113

The dial is really a bit too busy for me although you will get used to it quite quickly once it will be on your wrist.

My favorite is the 112 which was released on last year's Baselworld.

My AD owns a 111 and is really very satisfied although it takes ages to fully wind the movement

Cheers
    Wolfgang
    Hotblack Desiato likes this.

OP, I had thought the same thing originally with the 112, and then it grew on me. For a busy face, it's done quite simply I think. They took something that could've very easily been clunky and overdone, and made it quite slick. (That, and I'm a sucker for dark slate blue steel watches on black bands).

This is the same, but I agree the PE is just a little too big. Like they didn't want to have a lot of empty dial space of something.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Grey dial looks great. Have to admit it is little busy to my taste.

I am really liking this watch, in particular the white dial version, but the date position and subsequent impact on the dial is just frustrating. I think positioning the date at 6 o'clock just above the '10 DAYS' text and adding the gold/silver hour marker would have looked much better. I did a quick Photoshop effort for a side-by-side comparison....

Name:  Oris Artelier Calibre 113 SbS.jpg
Views: 673
Size:  722.0 KB

..... what do you guys think?

(I used the grey dial because I couldn't find a straight-on photo of the white dial.)
    Current wish list:
    Jaeger LeCoultre Geophysic True Second | TAG Heuer Monaco Gulf (CW211A) | IWC Spitfire IW3878
    | Jaeger LeCoultre Reverso| Glashutte Original Senator Cosmopolite
    ---------------------------
    Grails:
    Jaeger LeCoultre Duometre Spherotourbillion Moon | Jaeger LeCoultre Amvox 3 Tourbillion GMT | A Lange & Sohne Lange 1 Moon Phase

Quote Originally Posted by Orange_GT3 View Post
    I am really liking this watch, in particular the white dial version, but the date position and subsequent impact on the dial is just frustrating. I think positioning the date at 6 o'clock just above the '10 DAYS' text and adding the gold/silver hour marker would have looked much better. I did a quick Photoshop effort for a side-by-side comparison....

Name:  Oris Artelier Calibre 113 SbS.jpg
Views: 673
Size:  722.0 KB

..... what do you guys think?

(I used the grey dial because I couldn't find a straight-on photo of the white dial.)
    Yes, the date placement somewhat annoys me on these special Calibres, and I think your suggestion is better. However I believe the date placement may be dictated by the layout of the movement of the watch.

I really like this legibility of the anthracite dial version. Will be interesting to see in person after Baselworld.

Quote Originally Posted by MR028 View Post
    Yes, the date placement somewhat annoys me on these special Calibres, and I think your suggestion is better. However I believe the date placement may be dictated by the layout of the movement of the watch.

I really like this legibility of the anthracite dial version. Will be interesting to see in person after Baselworld.
    Oh, I agree. I'm sure moving the date is not a simple task due to the movement design and it is in the same place on all the Calibre 11x models. It's just a shame they bit into the small seconds subdial instead of going for the natural symmetry with the Day window. Oh well!!
    Current wish list:
    Jaeger LeCoultre Geophysic True Second | TAG Heuer Monaco Gulf (CW211A) | IWC Spitfire IW3878
    | Jaeger LeCoultre Reverso| Glashutte Original Senator Cosmopolite
    ---------------------------
    Grails:
    Jaeger LeCoultre Duometre Spherotourbillion Moon | Jaeger LeCoultre Amvox 3 Tourbillion GMT | A Lange & Sohne Lange 1 Moon Phase

The dial is too busy for me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Hotblack Desiato likes this.

Big fan of Oris Calibre movements. I really like this one because it puts some of the most "usable" functions into a watch. Haven't really found any info on it, so I'm going to assume it's not an annual calendar, but the week numbers are a nice addition next to the months. Good combination of functions and looks for business use.

Quote Originally Posted by Orange_GT3 View Post
    I am really liking this watch, in particular the white dial version, but the date position and subsequent impact on the dial is just frustrating. I think positioning the date at 6 o'clock just above the '10 DAYS' text and adding the gold/silver hour marker would have looked much better. What do you guys think?
    From a design point of view, you're absolutely right. Unfortunately, a date disk for a date window like this, is quite large. That's why you'll find the window on the outer edge of the dial, otherwise the circle just isn't big enough to put on all the numbers. Putting it that close to the centre of the dial would only work with a "big date" set-up with 2 sub-dials, and that would require massive adjustments in the actual movement.

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    Big fan of Oris Calibre movements. I really like this one because it puts some of the most "usable" functions into a watch. Haven't really found any info on it, so I'm going to assume it's not an annual calendar, but the week numbers are a nice addition next to the months. Good combination of functions and looks for business
    Good review now on A Blog to Watch:
    Oris Artelier Calibre 113 Watch | aBlogtoWatch

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information