Time to service my Aquis?

Thread: Time to service my Aquis?

Time to service my Aquis?

Hey all,

So I noticed that the accuracy of my Oris has slipped a bit recently. It used to consistently get around -2.5 to -3 seconds per day which I was okay with, I'd rather have it run fast, but whatever.

After taking it on a vacation earlier this year, it now consistently gets -5.6 seconds per day which isn't as nice...Then I measured it at -6.7 in a 3 day period.

Is this significant enough to warrant a service, or is it just that it's finally broken in? I don't wear it too often. I purchased it back in Jan 2016, but it is far from my daily wear watch.

What's your opinion on the slow down I've noticed? Should I just ignore it and set it a minute fast?

If I should service it, what's the best way to get this done? Where's the best service center?

Thanks everyone.

Re: Time to service my Aquis?

Personally I'd leave it for a bit longer as those timings aren't bad. The Aquis is not a chronometer certified watch so you can't expect it to be within -4/+6. Generally speaking I'm happy with anything within +/- 10s a day for a modern non-chronometer watch.
    So yeah, I'd leave it as-is for now and give it a service at the 5 year mark
    Breitling Navitimer | Omega Speedmaster Professional | Tudor Black Bay | Oris Aquis | Breitling Colt

I’d leave it a bit longer and monitor it as it is outside any warranty period. If it continues to get worse then I’d consider having it looked at. If you do decide to have it serviced I can see no reason why it needs to go to an approved Oris service centre as only the movement needs looking at and a good watchmaker is able to do this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I've noticed the accuracy of my watches changes in the summer. I know that it's a dive watch and sealed but it is a phenomenon I notice with all my watches. I have a wall clock that is not sealed that I have to raise and lower the pendulum with the seasons. I'd let it ride for a while. Set it a minute fast and go.

Is the watch still under its 3 year warranty ? If you still have warranty then best to send it in before warranty expires. There is only one Oris authorised repair center in US . Watchmaker in Massachusetts. I have used them once for warranty repair

Hello Shagrath

the versitality of your watch's accuracy is normal i have one ORis Aquis it was running +20/spd out of box when it was so new. and then was running +10/spd consistently .. its settled down there. however i took my watch to watchmaker he regulated 3-4 weeks ago or so. now its running -3/spd sometime -4/spd slow. for all mechanical watches this range is perfect as your watch running within this range as well that means there is nothing to do with it. sometime it may go slow or fast but its normal as long as its in that range. if you take it to service probably they'd tell you -5 / +20spd is fine. which is true. espcially for a watch non-COSC certificated. enjoy your watch no need to take service if it goes more worse then you can take it.

cheers

Thread Information