Unboxing Oris Timeless 65 + First Impressions
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Unboxing Oris Timeless 65 + First Impressions

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Unboxing Oris Timeless 65 + First Impressions

Yesterday at the 1-year anniversary of Timeless Luxury Watches was the day that the Oris Limited Edition for Timeless was widely available. In the coming days the pre-orders should be arriving to collectors around the world.

Name:  IMG_6003.JPEG
Views: 402
Size:  3.47 MB
    The LE arrives in a presentation box inside a slip cover.

Name:  IMG_6004.JPEG
Views: 405
Size:  3.77 MB
    Inside reveals the regular Oris 65 packaging.

Name:  IMG_6007.JPEG
Views: 389
Size:  2.37 MB
    Inside the box owners will find their warranty card (two years Oris + 3 more years from Timeless), the watch totally covered in thick plastic, and the extra Oris "tropical" rubber strap.

Name:  IMG_6010.JPEG
Views: 409
Size:  2.65 MB
    Both the leather strap the watch comes on and the tropical rubber straps come equipped on quick-release spring bars. They are heavily weighted as to not pop off accidentally and I found them stubborn enough to change. I'm not that worried about them except for age like normal bars.

Name:  IMG_6011.JPEG
Views: 414
Size:  2.46 MB
    The strap is immediately soft and supple, no flavoring added but plenty of holes to allow the wrist to dry/or water to drain from under the watch.

Name:  IMG_6014.JPEG
Views: 426
Size:  3.18 MB
    The watch exudes a small bit of flair on the bezel as bright bronze, after wiping away the thin grease to keep the tarnish at bay it will begin to oxidize uniquely, and I'm pretty excited to see how mine ages. On my 7.5" wrist, the watch sits firmly and flatly against the wrist comfortably. Note the really fun bubble-shaped sapphire glass. It's fun and weird!

Name:  IMG_6008.JPEG
Views: 411
Size:  3.13 MB
    Timeless chose to not only remove the date, but firmly required Oris to remove the "phantom" crown stop as well on the 100-piece series. This makes the Timeless 65 the only Oris 65 series with only 1 crown position once unscrewed. As far as I know, Oris is using their caliber 733 (Sellita 200-1 base) but modifying the movement to eliminate the position entirely. I heard from Dan Broadfoot, owner of Timeless, at an event last month with the prototype that Oris may have opted for a different movement. I haven't heard more on that, so if you know, let me know!

Name:  IMG_6009.JPEG
Views: 403
Size:  2.57 MB
    The back is subtle and tasteful, merely adjusting the regular case back rather than doing a new image or ruining it with a lot of text. I like it and it keeps the LE from being a safe-queen rather than just a green diver that happens to be a LE.

Name:  IMG_6005.JPEG
Views: 381
Size:  3.41 MB
    If you look inside the presentation case you'll find a pull out section that contains the manual, product guide and a little place on the right to store your warranty card once you find it in the main box.
    Name:  IMG_6006.JPEG
Views: 393
Size:  3.38 MB

Overall Timeless did another amazing project with another great watchmaker. This is my 3rd Limited Edition product from Timeless. At first I didn't seek out them or their series of watches to collect, but the attention to detail along with the unique colorways and hatred of the date window have made us fast friends and I look forward to seeing what interesting colorways they come up with in the future.

Name:  IMG_6012.JPEG
Views: 398
Size:  2.44 MB

Find out more or order yours at: https://timelessluxwatches.com/produ...mited-edition/

Re: Unboxing Oris Timeless 65 + First Impressions

Addendum: for those wondering, here is a comparison shot to the regular production 65 with the green dial.

Name:  IMG_5584.JPEG
Views: 395
Size:  1.94 MB

Congrats!! It’s an awesome diver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    JacobC likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Thanks for the detailed overview. Can't wait to get mine! This was a nice preview of what'll be coming my way!
    JacobC and carlhaluss like this.

Congratulation. It is really a great watches.
    JacobC likes this.

The 65 is an awesome looking watch. Congratulations on yours.
    JacobC likes this.

That is really stunning! Love the green on that dial, among the other attributes of that beautiful model.

Cheers,
    Carl
    JacobC likes this.
    Those who possess a sense of entitlement are seldom satis​fied.

Great write up, my compliments!
    And many congratulations!!!

I recently purchased the Oris x Hodinkee LE Divers 65, which has a specially modified version of Oris’ caliber 730 based on the Selita 210-1.....also a hand-winder, no date, and thinner caseback compared to the standard 65 Model with the caliber 733

I believe we probably have the same movements....

Cheers,
    Rob
    https://www.instagram.com/buchmann.69/
    Current:
    Ω Speedmaster 3570.50, Ω Seamaster 2254.50, ۞ Tudor Submariner 79090, Seiko 6138-8020, ۞ Tudor Black Bay Dark, ♛ Submariner 116610LV, Oris Carl Brashear LE, ♛ GMT Master II 116710BLNR, ♛ GMT Master II 126710BLRO, Ω Seamaster 300 Titanium 233.90.41.21.03.001, Ω Speedmaster - modded with 3570.40 dial & hands, ♛ Sea Dweller 16600.

Gone:
    ♛ Explorer 1 114270; Ω Diver 300 Chrono 213.30.42.40.01.001; Orthos Commander 300; Steinhart Ocean Black DLC; Nezumi Voiture Yellow; Nomos Timeless Club II; NTH Santa Cruz; Zodiac Super Sea Wolf 53; Explorer 1 214270; Sinn 856 S Black; Nezumi Voiture White; Ventus Mori Diver M-1V; Undone Urban"Killy"; Sinn 104 A St Sa; Ω Aqua Terra 2503.33; ♛ Polar Explorer 2 16570; Seiko PADI SRPA21; Seiko SBDC053; Seiko SRPC49J1; Oris Divers 65; Ω Planet Ocean 2209.50; DOXA SUB300T Poseidon, WMT Royal Marine, Spinnaker Bradner SP-5062-05, Baltic Aquascaphe; Oris Divers 65 LE for Hodinkee.

40mm SIXTY FIVE is beautiful

Quote Originally Posted by Buchmann69 View Post
    Great write up, my compliments!
    And many congratulations!!!

I recently purchased the Oris x Hodinkee LE Divers 65, which has a specially modified version of Oris’ caliber 730 based on the Selita 210-1.....also a hand-winder, no date, and thinner caseback compared to the standard 65 Model with the caliber 733

I believe we probably have the same movements....

Cheers,
    Rob
    https://www.instagram.com/buchmann.69/
    Hi Rob,

It appears to be the case (after following up with Timeless and ORIS USA) That the Timeless 65 is using the Oris 733 (Sellita SW200-1) with a modified keyless work to remove the date stop. The Timeless 65 is an automatic, unlike your Hodinkee version.

I quite like that Oris was willing to do a handwinding version of the 65. You get a really interesting movement to interact with and a pretty neat colorway to boot. Only bummer is unscrewing the crown every day to wind.

Jacob

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information