Watch Time Magazine & ORIS - what is up with this?

Thread: Watch Time Magazine & ORIS - what is up with this?

Watch Time Magazine & ORIS - what is up with this?

In the August 2019 of "America's #1 Watch Magazine" these is a review of the Oris Aquis GMT. In it, they extol the virtues of
    the lume on all the hands - even show a picture (posted here). Problem is, the GMT hand on this watch DOES NOT HAVE ANY LUME!

And, yet, their picture shows it...what gives Oris?

Here's a picture of my new watch...no lume on the GMT hand. Very disappointed and feel I've been misled.

Oris and WatchTime - what's up with this? Any explanation? For others who have the watch does your GMT hand have any lume?

Not exactly thrilled,

Ben
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last edited by Bizcut1; October 25th, 2019 at 17:39.

Re: Watch Time Magazine is playing it fast and loose - caveat emptor for sure!

Dunno Ben, I’ve seen pics of it with both lumed and non lumed GMT hands. I know that Oris don’t like to waste parts (when they swapped to Sellita movements from ETA the watches still said “25 Jewels” for a while) It could be that Oris were emptying the parts bin.

Re: Watch Time Magazine is playing it fast and loose - caveat emptor for sure!

Quote Originally Posted by sticky View Post
    Dunno Ben, I’ve seen pics of it with both lumed and non lumed GMT hands. I know that Oris don’t like to waste parts (when they swapped to Sellita movements from ETA the watches still said “25 Jewels” for a while) It could be that Oris were emptying the parts bin.
    Never thought about that. But, still, I was expecting to see one after reading the article and deciding to get one.

Thread Information