Where to get a ceramic bezel insert and would it fit my 47mm Small Seconds??

Thread: Where to get a ceramic bezel insert and would it fit my 47mm Small Seconds??

Where to get a ceramic bezel insert and would it fit my 47mm Small Seconds??

Hello,

I'm a longtime member here but don't come to the Oris section that often.

Now, since recently I own a Oris Diver Small Seconds Date 47mm in Blue.
    This one.

Now I saw recently that some Oris divers of also 47mm have a ceramic insert on the bezel.
    I was wondering if such an insert would fit on mine. All the dimensions and shapes look very similar.

I would love to upgrade mine with a ceramic insert.

Does anyone around here know if that's possible?

Thanx!
    Last edited by TheMaestro; June 23rd, 2013 at 13:32.
    Collection high-lights: Breitling Chronomat Evolution, Philip Admirale 7750 Ltd. Ed., Oris Big Crown Pointer Date 44mm, Edox Chronorally-S, Hugeunin Observer **/500, Ollech & Wajs 3095 Pilot. Accutron VX200, Collecting still in progress.

"There's people makin' babies to my music, thats nice!" [ Barry White]

Re: Where to get a ceramic bezel insert and would it fit my 47mm Small Seconds??

TTT and waiting for an answer, hope someone knows around here.

Thanks.
    Collection high-lights: Breitling Chronomat Evolution, Philip Admirale 7750 Ltd. Ed., Oris Big Crown Pointer Date 44mm, Edox Chronorally-S, Hugeunin Observer **/500, Ollech & Wajs 3095 Pilot. Accutron VX200, Collecting still in progress.

Re: Where to get a ceramic bezel insert and would it fit my 47mm Small Seconds??

I have a older Titan and was wondering the same thing. Here in the USA there is one official Oris service center listed at the Oris web site. So I emailed them and they very quickly responded that my model could not be fitted with a ceramic bezel. They asked for the serial # and explained the bezel that holds the insert is different and could not be made to fit. I suggest you email whatever service center is for your area. Not much help but at least a direction.
    Tom

Sinn-UX GSG9
    Tag Heuer- Aquaracer 500
    Zixen-Nitrox Vintage
    Citizen-Ecozilla, Promaster Aqualand
    Seiko - Darth Tuna, Coral Blue Sumo, Turtles
    Deep Blue - Flat Tubes T-100, Sea Ram Auto
    G-Shock-- GPW- 1100, Rangeman, G7900MS

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Hi guys, I'm no help to you unfortunately. As I understand it Oris have said that the insert can't be fitted into the bezel but what about fitting a complete new bezel?

I will give FriendsofOris in Australia another try, I know the don't have the insert but they might if it would fit.
    I will also check out the nearest service centre. Unfortunately it seems there is no way to get in touch with Oris directly.

I'll keep you all posted here.

Got a reply today from Oris.ch.

"Dear Sir,

Many thanks for the interest you have shown in MyOris.

I think the model you have is Ref. 01 743 7609 8555, right? As I can see in our catalogue, the new Aquis models with ceramic inlay don’t have the same diameter (43mm or 46mm) and not 47mm as your watch is.

This is why it is not possible to change it.

Enjoy MyOris!

Best regards,
    Your MyOris Team
    Corinne Lüthi "

So I guess that means its a "no-go". Too bad.

The blue Aquis bezel is only 43mm but surely the 47mm Titan C bezel is ceramic. Only one problem it's black and might look a bit odd with a blue dial. Still don't know if it would fit though.

Thread Information