Xicorr Fiat 125P Akropolis
Like Tree8Likes
  • 6 Post By pmwas
  • 2 Post By pmwas

Thread: Xicorr Fiat 125P Akropolis

Xicorr Fiat 125P Akropolis

Xicorr is a Polish watchmaking manufacture from Warsaw, established in 2012, currently making three models of watches and working on new, interesting projects.
    This watch I'm showing is their recent release. It's a mechanical watch (all Xicorrs are mechanical) with 30 minute chronograph and power reserve indicator, commemorating a polish racing car of the '70s, the Polish Fiat 125P Akropolis (photo - wikipedia)

The watch comes in a fancy metal box

Name:  DSC09755.JPG
Views: 891
Size:  177.2 KB

Name:  DSC09782.JPG
Views: 614
Size:  133.3 KB

Inside the box, there is the watch - of course - warranty card, manual, additional strap and strap removal tool.

Name:  DSC09771.JPG
Views: 826
Size:  95.7 KB

The watch has a stainless steel case and black dial with a colored ring. The color of the ring can be chosen from a, wide enough, range of colors offered.
    I chose red to fit my car nicely. And because it's eye-catching I think...

Name:  DSC09769.JPG
Views: 591
Size:  102.4 KB

The case is thick and quite large - 55mm lut to lug, 45mm wide (almost 50 incl crown) and about 17mm thick. The moment I took it out of the box it appeared ridiculous to put a 'brick' like that on my thin wrist! But I'll get back to it later on. For now - the watch itself...

Name:  DSC09777.JPG
Views: 588
Size:  47.2 KB

The watch has a three piece case with nice, brushed finish of almost all surfaces, except for the polished bezel, crown and pushers.
    The edges are mostly sharp and straight on the lugs, which is IMO a good choice for a sporty style watch.
    The crystal is flat - probably not to increase the - already huge - overall thickness, but I think a slightly convex one could look even better. But one'd have to try to know for sure...
    The crown is very good looking, tastefully designed for the large case, and very convenient to operate. The large pushers also look very well here.

Name:  DSC09774.JPG
Views: 594
Size:  122.9 KB

On the caseback there is a well made picture of the commeomrated car. So cool I'm affraid to wear this watch too often - not to wipe it off with my wrist.
    Casebacks wear and it would be a shame to wear this off in time...

Name:  DSC09776.JPG
Views: 587
Size:  103.8 KB

The dial is WONDERFUL. Truly.
    The details are made to resemble the car's dashboard, with lovely silver rings around the subdials and 'fuel level' power reserve indicator.
    I also love the way the silver F125p logo is exposed instead of the manufacturer's logo, that's discretely stamped above it.

Name:  DSC09773.JPG
Views: 612
Size:  84.7 KB

The hands are very tastefully designed and look great as well. The all white hands show the time, the silver hands with white tips are the chronograph and the red one for power reserve. Superb! The chronograph has a jumping minute hand, advancing by one minute during the last few seconds, so for the first 55 seconds of the first minute - I thought it's damaged ;)

The minute and hour hands are painted with luminova as well, and... so is the dial, even though you can't see it until it gets dark...

Name:  thumb.jpg
Views: 764
Size:  40.7 KB

The craftmansship of this watch is very good as well. Looking closely, with or without magnification I dod not find a single quality issue, except for a slightly 'late' hour hand in some positions. The longer the hands, the more visible such issues are and in this Xicorr it's a very minor thing, probably not even worth mentioning, but I'm a 'die-hard' malcontent, as some of you might know...

Name:  DSC09778.JPG
Size:  134.0 KB

Name:  DSC09779.JPG
Views: 596
Size:  120.9 KB

The watch is factory fitted with large and thick leather strap, with nice red thread. I don't like straps like that as they look 'heavy' and robust, so to say, but I admit it does look good when worn...
    The strap and the buckle is signed with manufacturer's logo.

Name:  DSC09763.JPG
Views: 605
Size:  166.7 KB

Name:  DSC09765.JPG
Size:  119.7 KB

Name:  DSC09761.JPG
Views: 606
Size:  206.0 KB

Like I said - the watch is large and thick, and my wrist is thin, so it is a bit large for me. The diameter of the dial is just right, but it's very thick. Still - the more I look and the more I get used to have something else than a thin dress watch on my wrist, the more I like this watch. I think I understand the guy (form a Polish MB) who said he was not impressed with the prototype he'd seen - it looks heavy and too large at foirst, but after a few hours you'll love it. Some watches work the opposite way and thus get higher sales results, I think ;)

Name:  DSC09768.JPG
Views: 605
Size:  65.4 KB

The watch uses a well known, affordable Sea-Gull's chronograph movement, seen in some Chinese watches and some affordable manufacture pieces as well (Magrette for example uses the SG chrono for their watches AFAIK). After they solved the click spring quality issue, the watch is known to be reliable and accurate.
    I've not yet measured the accuracy, but it seems reasonable by far.

Concluding - a lovely, extraordinary, eye-catching mechanical chronograph watch, sharply priced at (depending on the exchange rate) 400-450 USD.

In a nutshell - I love it!!!
    DSlocum, Reno, ar.javid and 3 others like this.
    Have a great day!!!

Re: Xicorr Fiat 125P Akropolis

If you are concerned about the case back, you might consider wearing it on a Nato. The material between the caseback and your wrist would afford you some protection.
    A poem for mornings

Coffee, Coffee, Coffee,
    Coffee Coffee,
    Coffee,

Everyone shut the hell up.
    Coffee.

My Affordable Horology Tumblr
    @affordablehorology on Instagram

I've tried it on Vostok k34 with matte caseback and it polished it up very 'nicely' . It only seems to be a good solution...

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Thumbs Up Re: Xicorr Fiat 125P Akropolis

Nice watch ! Congratulations, pmwas
    My YouTube channel | My ImageShack gallery

MY COLLECTION :
    Swiss : FAVRE LEUBA | FORTIS | GIRARD-PERREGAUX | JAQUET+GIRARD | LONGINES | OMEGA | TISSOT | TITUS | ZENITH
    Japanese : CASIO | CITIZEN | ORIENT | SEIKO
    Russian : POLJOT | RAKETA | SLAVA | STURMANSKIE | VOSTOK | VOSTOK EUROPE | ZVEZDA
    French : AVYSTYLE | HERMA | LIP | YEMA | YONGER & BRESSON
    German : AEROMATIC | GLASHÜTTE | TAUCHMEISTER
    Chinese : ALPHA | ARMIDA | BEIJING | FINËAT | JARAGAR | KASSAW | OHSEN | PARNIS | SANGDO | SEKARO | SMAEL | STEWAL | WINNER

It's been 40 hours, the fuel tank is almost empty and the watch works fine. Starting the chronograph did not stop it either.

Name:  IMG_1052.jpg
Views: 576
Size:  78.8 KB

So the movement seems fine :)
    Reno and anabuki like this.
    Have a great day!!!

Here are all availavble colors of Xicorr F125p Akropolis

Name:  U4HtmzS.jpg
Views: 500
Size:  221.9 KB

Cool. I'm digging the fuel gauge power reserve.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Western Europe, very far from the origin of most of my watches!

My first thought was that I found it highly comical that people used to race in the Polski-Fiat 125P (great shot of the car you included though; I love this stuff!), but in fact one reading the review and seeing the photos, I think this is one very attractive and coolly-designed watch! That fuel gauge power reserve is also genius!

Thread Information