Do you actually use your fountain pen(s)? - Page 17
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Do you actually use your fountain pen(s)?

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

Re: Do you actually use your fountain pen(s)?

Quote Originally Posted by hmalik View Post
    I use fountain pens daily at home and at work. Oh the joy of using a beautifully tuned wet nib on rhodia 90 Gsm paper !!! the ability to play with line width and shading etc is such a joy. My personal favourite are the Visconti dreamtouch palladium nib ones like the homosapien lava and the opera master - my daily writers.
    I was fortunate to snag a Visconti Steel Age Homo Sapiens just after they were discontinued. And how very fortunate I was to get a Dream Touch nib that was only just a bit stiff. Have heard nightmare stories from other owners of pens with such nibs on their Visconti models. Ranging from writing with a rusty nail stiff, to actually dream-like smoothness and elegence.

Visconti is a company full of artists.... Not engineers. Consistency definitely not in their vocabulary. Oh well, I snagged the Visconti model I wanted far more than any of their other offerings. And I'm happy with what I got from them.
    "The World is insane. With tiny spots of sanity here and there. Not the other way around." ~ John Cleese.

Quote Originally Posted by Monocrom View Post
    I was fortunate to snag a Visconti Steel Age Homo Sapiens just after they were discontinued. And how very fortunate I was to get a Dream Touch nib that was only just a bit stiff. Have heard nightmare stories from other owners of pens with such nibs on their Visconti models. Ranging from writing with a rusty nail stiff, to actually dream-like smoothness and elegence.

Visconti is a company full of artists.... Not engineers. Consistency definitely not in their vocabulary. Oh well, I snagged the Visconti model I wanted far more than any of their other offerings. And I'm happy with what I got from them.
    Glad to meet another Visconti lover. Yes you are right their nib consistency is not good. I had send one in to John Mottishaw of nibs.com to tune it for me. One I bought from goulet I asked them to thoroughly check it before shipping to me so don’t get a lemon. Once tuned up, it is a joy to use.
    Monocrom likes this.

Visconti lover too

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Daily user here. EDC in my briefcase are currently a Black/Rhodium Cross Townsend Fine, Gold Cross Townsend Medium, Pelikan 400 Fine and a 1949 Parker 51 Aeromatic. Its rare I find myself using anything other than a fountain pen unless its for carbon copy forms or if I don't have my briefcase with me.

Nice. I carry my Platinum Century with a permanent ink, for those occasions when I need that, but I can't say they arise very often.
    Casio / C.Ward / Grand Seiko / Hamilton / Junghans / Laco / Nomos / Omega / Panerai / Rolex / Sinn / Timex / Tudor

Quote Originally Posted by ProvideR View Post
    Visconti lover too
    The company has quietly switched over to 18K gold nibs.
    Can't say I'm surprised. Guess those Dream Touch nibs are now collector's items.
    "The World is insane. With tiny spots of sanity here and there. Not the other way around." ~ John Cleese.

i am entirely on safari and al-star for signing.
    i have many many memory with many watches, but the only one that is worthy is my all time favorite - the Tudor Submariner 79090.

I will say that Etsy is a good place to look for custom-made fountain pens. They'll be made from kits, and forget about being able to cap them properly on the other end for writing. But you can get custom materials for cap and barrels. I have a gorgeous Malachite fountain pen.

Be sure to discuss nib options though with whomever you contact. Otherwise you get stuck with the stock nibs that come with the kit. Those are decent. But will be steel nibs in medium that write much closer to a broad point.

I am a SUCKER for vintage Parkers.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    azkid likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by surprise123 View Post
    I am a SUCKER for vintage Parkers.
    Me too! Really nice nice collection. Here's some of my Parkers.

I use fountain pens every day for note taking at work.

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17