Do you actually use your fountain pen(s)? - Page 2
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Do you actually use your fountain pen(s)?

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Re: Do you actually use your fountain pen(s)?

Personally I don't much like my hand writing but I find when I use a fountain pen I slow down a lot take a bit more care with my penmanship and i get much nice results, for this reason I love to write with a FP.

WX1

Quote Originally Posted by lar View Post
    Namiki Mandarin Vanishing Point and Noodler Bullet Proof Legal Lapis ink. Wouldn't be without the a VP, had it almost 3 years now. VP's do not dry out since you can retract the nib. I attend seminary and take my class notes in a Moleskine with this combo and it can go all day with no problem.
    Ooh, not too big on their Vanishing Point (VP) models, but, Pilot/Namiki's Mandarin yellow VP is a grail indeed; quite rare . . . unless you can still find 'em easily in Japan. Still prized.

Sidenote: the VP is quite an invention -- a "click" (as in ballpoint pen "click") fountain pen (the "retraction" mentioned above by lar). Terrific, terrific, 'specially if you're writing notes every other minute. Me? The whole point of using an FP, for me, is to connect with the old-time style of writing. Engage in the elegance of writing from start to finish and that means I need my fountain pens (FP) to be capped (since my brand of choice, S.T. Dupont has their Orpheo/Olympio large line capped, well, that just make me biased) and since I'm takin' my time, I don't mind my FPs to be precious metal'd .

I use fountain pens at work the whole time, generally I don't write with anything else. My normal users are a Pelikan M800 and a Namiki VP, but I also sometimes use a Sailor or a M405 among others.
    Dave E

Skating away on the thin ice of a new day

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

At home I use them - at work not I'm a sales rep. and the risk of the pen ending up in the customers hands is too large
    Nishant likes this.
    Cheers,
    Micha

I use my Waterman fountain pen every day at work for signing any and all official documents that require my signature. There is just something about the smooth flow and effortless grace of a fountain pen. And I find that now that I use it every day, I have not problems with the ink resevoir/cartridge.

I use my Mont Blanc ball point for notes and minutes on internal documents.

James
    AUT VIAM INVENIAM AUT FACIAM - "I will either find a way or make one."

I use my Graf von Faber-Castell but not in a daily basis. daily i use my e-Motion set

ncb

I own a Nakaya (Aka-Tamenuri Urushi) fountain pen, which I use every day. I attend a lot of meetings at work, and I use it for taking notes with. Also, in my quieter moments, I write in my moleskine journal with it. Absolutely love it.

I also have a Pelikan M600 and M1000. Both have a much heavier inkflow, and I've been a little embarrassed on occasion when I end up getting ink over my fingers in a meeting. It's also not the best when you're trying to get a quick journal entry down, and when you shut the book you end up with smudges.

My ink of choice is Noodlers Black. Fast drying, "permanent" ink. My bottle is only about 1/3 empty after regular refilling over the last year.

Rotation: Rolex Submariner No Date, Speedmaster Ultraman, Glashütte Original PanomaticLunar

heb

No, not for a long time

Hello,

I used to use one on almost a daily basis, maybe 9-10 years ago. But when I finally reasoned how impractical they were--writing on mailing labels/packages, or anything other than, at your desk, on a fine piece of paper--I went back to carrying and using ball points.

heb

Re: No, not for a long time

I use a Pelikan "San Francisco" City Series fountain pen on a daily basis at work...generally for signing documents, but also for taking notes, writing comments, etc.

I also use a Myu 701 if I want to carry a smaller, tougher pen.

Paul

If I have to write something lengthy, I use a fountain pen.

Little to no pressure required makes them very comfortable to write with. In addition, I write 100% of the time in long flowing cursive and only a fountain pen lets me do this in a manner that looks incredible. I still use ball point pens, but only for short work.

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread Information