Mont Blanc Dumas service

Thread: Mont Blanc Dumas service

Mont Blanc Dumas service

Hey guys,
    First time positing here in the pen forum.
    Several years ago I inherited a small collection of fountain pens from a family friend who knew I was into them (never had anything valuable- some Shaffer’s and Esterbooks). Among them was a MB149, Dumas, 4 Doufold’s and a Waterman Man (all with boxes and papers). All were stored with ink in them, so I proceeded cautiously, cleaning them and reading threads on how to do it properly-slow soak and repetitive rinse.
    The 149 cleaned up perfectly, took several hours of soak and the piston finally came free with gentle coaxing and easily purged from the nib until flowing clear.
    With the Dumas, I was not so lucky. I soaked for hours and wiggled the filler and it would weep ink from the nib into the dish of water. I did that over the course of several hours and finally the piston started to turn, but then it started leaking watery ink from the back of the filler- which makes me think I blew a seal or something.
    Mont Blanc obviously reccomends I send it to them for service, anyone have any advise on this?
    Thanks,
    James

jar

Re: Mont Blanc Dumas service

Where are you located and is the Dumas the Father or the Son signature. If it is the Son I would be very hesitant to let MB touch it since they recalled all of them. If you are in the US there are several folk who could likely do the repairs for you. Remember with MB they will asses the issue then give you a price quote before doing any work. If you are polite and it is the Father signature they may fix the whole issue as a level one service which will be by far the least expensive option.

Thanks for responding. Not sure if it’s father or son, attachning pics which may help identify which it is.
    I’m in Baltimore, MD.
    Thanks,
    James
    Name:  E1A2D61D-6547-4729-9221-51108AC7B02B_1560106996207.jpeg
Views: 17
Size:  449.1 KBName:  8BCB227C-C77C-4EF8-A5DC-7D63D7A10C92_1560106985827.jpeg
Views: 17
Size:  532.2 KBAttachment 14217625

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

jar

Re: Mont Blanc Dumas service

Ah, Balmer. Usta live in an apartment on North Charles between Bowers & Snyder Opticians and the Peabody Book Store & Beer Stube.

I can't tell from the pictures but you can go by the Pen Hospital on Fayette and they will help.

Here are the two signatures.

Thread Information