• 1 Post By kepa
  • 1 Post By jar
  • 1 Post By elyk864
  • 1 Post By MarshallGibson
  • 2 Post By elyk864
  • 1 Post By Monocrom

Thread: Not A Pen Collector BUT...

Not A Pen Collector BUT...

Iíve had this pen for nearly 15 years. I used to work with a gentleman who claimed to be a woodworker. He used to tell me that heíd make me a pen but would never come through. He got so fed up of me calling him out that he showed up to work with this pen for me 😂 I donít know if he, in fact, DID make this pen or just bought it. But I have cherished it.
    I misplaced it once for almost 6 months that I was heart broken until I found it again. This is something Iíll pass down, hand made or store bought.
    its supposedly cherry wood.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Not A Pen Collector BUT...

Nice story. Love pens but donít use them enough.
    Last edited by kepa; 1 Week Ago at 14:24.
    MarshallGibson likes this.

jar

Re: Not A Pen Collector BUT...

A gift is always something to cherish.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by kepa View Post
    Nice story. Love pens but don’t use them enough.
    I use it to sign contracts

Quote Originally Posted by jar View Post
    A gift is always something to cherish.
    And one I’ll pass down.

Quote Originally Posted by MarshallGibson View Post
    Iíve had this pen for nearly 15 years. I used to work with a gentleman who claimed to be a woodworker. He used to tell me that heíd make me a pen but would never come through. He got so fed up of me calling him out that he showed up to work with this pen for me 😂 I donít know if he, in fact, DID make this pen or just bought it. But I have cherished it.
    I misplaced it once for almost 6 months that I was heart broken until I found it again. This is something Iíll pass down, hand made or store bought.
    its supposedly cherry wood.
    He most likely did make it, I recognize the hardware he used. I've made many of them, I also make custom pens with all different types of materials and pen types.
    Here is my back up pen at work in case I forget my daily lol. It's replica material of Malachite.
    Name:  CameraZOOM-20170607225232788.jpg
Views: 37
Size:  555.1 KB
    MarshallGibson likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by elyk864 View Post
    He most likely did make it, I recognize the hardware he used. I've made many of them, I also make custom pens with all different types of materials and pen types.
    Here is my back up pen at work in case I forget my daily lol. It's replica material of Malachite.
    Thank you for confirming that he did make it. Now that’s a beautiful pen you have there! Would you like to make another similar one?
    Eventually the one I have is getting passed down to one of my two daughters.
    elyk864 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MarshallGibson View Post
    Thank you for confirming that he did make it. Now thatís a beautiful pen you have there! Would you like to make another similar one?
    Eventually the one I have is getting passed down to one of my two daughters.
    Yeah absolutely, I'll shoot you a message.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Nice! I have a Malachite fountain pen an independent pen-maker made for me on etsy. Honestly, one of the few positive experiences I've had on that miserable website.
    "The World is insane. With tiny spots of sanity here and there. Not the other way around." ~ John Cleese.

Quote Originally Posted by Monocrom View Post
    Nice! I have a Malachite fountain pen an independent pen-maker made for me on etsy. Honestly, one of the few positive experiences I've had on that miserable website.
    Yeah I've known a lot of people that have had issues with Etsy vendors. Everyone said I should make a store there but I decided not to. Finally got around to making my own site, it's basic and not at all complete yet but you if you want to check it out here it is.

https://www.the-pensmith.com/
    dgaddis and Monocrom like this.

Yeah I've known a lot of people that have had issues with Etsy vendors. Everyone said I should make a store there but I decided not to. Finally got around to making my own site, it's basic and not at all complete yet but you if you want to check it out here it is.

https://www.the-pensmith.com/
    Basic, but looks good. I like what I'm seeing. You definitely made the right choice. I personally think etsy would be better off if they implemented at least a basic vetting process for sellers. Having literally anyone be able to set up a "store" on there is a recipe for disaster in the long-run.
    elyk864 likes this.
    "The World is insane. With tiny spots of sanity here and there. Not the other way around." ~ John Cleese.

Thread Information