18 or 20mm Zulu for 19mm lugs?
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Cannonball

Thread: 18 or 20mm Zulu for 19mm lugs?

Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    28

    18 or 20mm Zulu for 19mm lugs?

    Just wondering which is the better match for a Zulu on 19mm lug width. I can't seem to find 19mm Zulu as an option, though there is 19mm for Nato, as well as Nato RAF. Would the thicker Zulu material be problematic if I tried to squeeze 20mm through 19mm lugs? Caliper measuerment is 19.1mm.

  2. #2
    Member BrentYYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Calgary, Canada via Marin County, California
    Posts
    5,850

    Re: 18 or 20mm Zulu for 19mm lugs?

    Quote Originally Posted by kyzyl View Post
    Would the thicker Zulu material be problematic if I tried to squeeze 20mm through 19mm lugs?
    I can almost guarantee the thickness of the Zulu will be a problem when trying to fit it through the narrower lug spacing. I've tried this a few times and have yet to have it work (many times it's even hard to fit a properly sized Zulu to a watch because of insufficient clearance between the spring bars and case).

    I'd recommend going with the 18mm Zulu. You'll have to look very carefully to even notice that it's narrow, and you can always soak the strap in water and stretch it slightly to widen it to 19mm (nylon will stretch when wet).

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    28

    Re: 18 or 20mm Zulu for 19mm lugs?

    Quote Originally Posted by BrentYYC View Post
    I can almost guarantee the thickness of the Zulu will be a problem when trying to fit it through the narrower lug spacing. I've tried this a few times and have yet to have it work (many times it's even hard to fit a properly sized Zulu to a watch because of insufficient clearance between the spring bars and case). I'd recommend going with the 18mm Zulu. You'll have to look very carefully to even notice that it's narrow, and you can always soak the strap in water and stretch it slightly to widen it to 19mm (nylon will stretch when wet).
    awesome, thanks! dunno why they don't come in 19, so many watches with that lug size.https://forums.watchuseek.com/images/smilies/think.gif

  4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Member Cannonball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    1,328

    Re: 18 or 20mm Zulu for 19mm lugs?

    How abut 16mm?

    Name:  ga001-rolex-sean-connery.jpg
Views: 616
Size:  170.2 KB
    Nokie and longstride like this.
    excuse the bad iPhone shot.

  6. #5
    Sponsor
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Wales, United Kingdom
    Posts
    6,044

    Re: 18 or 20mm Zulu for 19mm lugs?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cannonball View Post
    How abut 16mm?

    Name:  ga001-rolex-sean-connery.jpg
Views: 616
Size:  170.2 KB
    Don't go 16mm !!! LOL !!!
    " Started as a hobby.....but is now clearly a WatchObsession and the day job !!"


    http://www.WatchObsession.co.uk

    Official Stockist of straps from many brands including

    HIRSCH, DI-MODELL, RIOS1931, JPM, CRAFTER BLUE, ZEALANDE, ERIKA's ORIGINALS, ISOFRANE and more




  7. #6
    Member Nokie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Marin County, CA
    Posts
    27,970

    Re: 18 or 20mm Zulu for 19mm lugs?

    Nice-

    "Either he's dead or my watch has stopped"
    Groucho Marx

    "The only reason for time is so that everything does not happen at once..."
    Albert Einstein

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Similar Threads

    1. Will a 20mm wjean mesh fit in 19mm lugs?
      By Navitimer in forum Dive watches
      Replies: 4
      Last Post: April 30th, 2012, 05:48
    2. Replies: 3
      Last Post: March 9th, 2011, 23:16
    3. FS: 20mm od green timefactors zulu,19mm darlena bund strap and 19mm speidel dbl ridge stra
      By slivver71 in forum Watches - Private sellers and Sponsors
      Replies: 1
      Last Post: June 19th, 2008, 00:21
    4. FS: 20mm od green timefactors zulu,19mm darlena bund strap and 19mm speidel dbl ridge stra
      By slivver71 in forum Watches - Private sellers and Sponsors
      Replies: 1
      Last Post: June 18th, 2008, 22:08
    5. 22mm zulu strap on 20mm lugs?
      By rushca01 in forum Dive watches
      Replies: 5
      Last Post: March 12th, 2008, 02:38

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •