1st Post, Watch Band recomendations for newly bought Citizen

Thread: 1st Post, Watch Band recomendations for newly bought Citizen

1st Post, Watch Band recomendations for newly bought Citizen

This is my first post and without boring you all I want to give you a little back story, my girlfriend bought me a Wenger Terragraph Chrono for XMas and I fell in love, I've always had wristwatches but one day like with other material things you search for the finer things (even if you're on a budget) and search for the Connoisseurs that can teach you... that's when I stumbled upon this forum, I've had experience with online forums before (sports and tech mainly) and I just have to say after a few weeks of lurking I have not seen a more nicer and knowledgeable group of members who are always willing to help, not only did it spark my curiosity for watches even more but it made me wanna register. That's about it. Now on to the question. I recently bought a Citizen EcoDrive Corso online (idea which I got after all the weeks of lurking WUS) with a bracelet and want to buy this puppy a leather band, now my budget is a little depleted because of the purchase of the watch so I can't spend a lot on the band, I have seen Hadley Roma and some others you guys mention but all I really want is this look:

screen capture freeware

Pic Credit - This is an image User npulaski posted in this thread:https://forums.watchuseek.com/f71/ena...wo-929045.html
    Last edited by JChvs; March 3rd, 2014 at 02:54.

Re: 1st Post, Watch Band recomendations for newly bought Citizen

Welcome to the forum!
    "The stuff that dreams are made of…" - RGM ‘801 EE Motor Barrel’

Banned

Hello and welcome to the forum. Genuine alligator/croc bands can get pricey, but if you want that look at a more affordable cost, you could get a leather strap embossed with a croc grain pattern. Check out Watch Band Center (Germany)--you can search under "leather grained" for one you like based on the lug width of your watch and desired color. I took a quick look and saw a decent padded black alligator-grain strap for 20 euro. Shipping is fairly cheap to the continental US, though I'm not sure what the rates are to Puerto Rico.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Sponsor

Original picture looks very much like a Hirsch Duke with a Hirsch Pusher Deployment fitted.

Here's the Duke on an Omega Aqua Terra

Name:  DukeOmega01.jpg
Views: 149
Size:  274.1 KB
    " Started as a hobby.....but is now clearly a WatchObsession and the day job !!"

http://www.WatchObsession.co.uk

Official Stockist of straps from many brands including

HIRSCH, DI-MODELL, RIOS1931, JPM, CRAFTER BLUE, ZEALANDE, ERIKA's ORIGINALS, ISOFRANE and more

There are plenty of straps to give you that look. As mentioned, real gator is available and the Hirsch Duke is a nice substitute.

Thank you to all the users that replied and for the warm welcome, the Hirsch Duke seems to be the choice. I have some follow up questions, I saw this brand Tech Swiss that also carries embossed croc grain leather bands at a more affordable price, anyone have experience with those? and lastly once I get the Duke can I install a cheap clasp that I found on the bay? is there any brand of clasp at an affordable price (~$15) that you guys would recommend while I'm able to afford something more expensive?

Thanks in advance

Tech Swiss makes decent straps. Not as nice as Hirsch, but they work. With clasps (and I assume you mean a deployant like the one in the picture) in my experience you get what you pay for, so don't go too cheap or it will not last long. Amazon and ebay have a number of these as well as other vendors. Make sure you have the correct size of the buckle end when you order a deployant.
    "Either he's dead or my watch has stopped"
    Groucho Marx

"The only reason for time is so that everything does not happen at once..."
    Albert Einstein

Thread Information