20mm or 22mm nato strap for Seiko Monster?

Thread: 20mm or 22mm nato strap for Seiko Monster?

20mm or 22mm nato strap for Seiko Monster?

After considerable searching here's what I found:

A 22mm nato strap will fit a Seiko monster, but if it's Zulu strap, it has to be 20mm....

Does this sound correct to you guys? Some guys have said the 20mm looks "too narrow" on the Monster, while others are saying "always stick to 20mm".....

I'm confused.... what do you all think????

much thx

Re: 20mm or 22mm nato strap for Seiko Monster?

i would only stick with 20 because i don't like the look of squeezing a larger strap between the lugs. it is also kind a tight fit with the thick bars on the monster. in the end i only really like the heavier bracelets on them, because it balances out the weight of the watch in my opinion.
    i don't know if this is any help, but i guess that is my $.02

Calgary, Canada via Marin County, California

I prefer a wider 22mm Nato on the Monster because it looks like it's better scaled for the watch. It's a 42mm tool watch, and a 20mm strap looks too small on it.

There is no issue getting a 22mm Nato to fit between the spring bars and the case, in fact it's easier to squeeze a 22mm Nato through the spring bars than it is to get a 20mm Zulu to fit (due to the extra thickness of the Zulu). As far as how it looks at the lugs, unless you look at it very carefully you won't even notice that the 22mm Nato is squeezed slightly at the lugs. Your decision should be based on your aesthetic preference and not on any concerns about whether a 22mm strap will fit or not.

Here's a pic of my OM with both a 20mm Zulu and a 22mm Nato, for comparison.

Name:  DSC04089_cs_20mmZulu.JPG
Views: 2096
Size:  102.1 KBName:  DSC04090_cs_22mmNato.JPG
Views: 2076
Size:  99.2 KB
    Last edited by BrentYYC; February 23rd, 2014 at 03:45.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I prefer a wider 22mm Nato on the Monster because it looks like it's better scaled for the watch. It's a 42mm tool watch, and a 20mm strap looks too small on it.
    I agree.
    "Either he's dead or my watch has stopped"
    Groucho Marx

"The only reason for time is so that everything does not happen at once..."
    Albert Einstein

Just for clarity's sake, the Monster has 20mm lugs, so 20mm straps would be appropriate. Putting a 22mm will work, but you might notice some bunching of the strap near the lugs.

Quote Originally Posted by BrentYYC View Post

There is no issue getting a 22mm Nato to fit between the spring bars and the case, in fact it's easier to squeeze a 22mm Nato through the spring bars than it is to get a 20mm Zulu to fit (due to the extra thickness of the Zulu). As far as how it looks at the lugs, unless you look at it very carefully you won't even notice that the 22mm Nato is squeezed slightly at the lugs. Your decision should be based on your aesthetic preference and not on any concerns about whether a 22mm strap will fit or not.

Here's a pic of my OM with both a 20mm Zulu and a 22mm Nato, for comparison.

Name:  DSC04089_cs_20mmZulu.JPG
Views: 2096
Size:  102.1 KBName:  DSC04090_cs_22mmNato.JPG
Views: 2076
Size:  99.2 KB
    Thanks for taking the time to post your OM pics Brent....this helps me a great deal....I'm leaning toward the 22mm now...seems to fit the watch better somehow

Calgary, Canada via Marin County, California

Quote Originally Posted by sandiegodan View Post
    Thanks for taking the time to post your OM pics Brent....this helps me a great deal....I'm leaning toward the 22mm now...seems to fit the watch better somehow
    Yeah, the wider strap suits it better. If they were going to introduce the original OM today, it would no doubt have 22mm lug spacing rather than 20mm.

Thread Information