20mm two piece nylon strap

Thread: 20mm two piece nylon strap

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

20mm two piece nylon strap

I'm trying to locate a 20mm two piece all nylon watch strap, and I have had no luck yet. My current strap for this watch has the waterproof leather accents on it, and after three months of use the leather ended up shrinking to about 18mm. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Austin

Wink Re: 20mm two piece nylon strap

i've got this in 18mm navy - its 20mm black - so i feel fairly confident in recommending it to you. i swapped out the buckle for a deployment clasp.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Nylon-heavy-du...QQcmdZViewItem

also, i'm shortly going to start producing some experimental watch strap designs in 20mm. perhaps that might interest you. if it does, PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by AustinHend1983 View Post
    I'm trying to locate a 20mm two piece all nylon watch strap, and I have had no luck yet. My current strap for this watch has the waterproof leather accents on it, and after three months of use the leather ended up shrinking to about 18mm. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Austin

Re: 20mm two piece nylon strap

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I got a 2pc 20mm Zulu from Westcoasttime, and it doesn't fit either my Sinn 356 nor Stowa Ikarus at all. It's almost like it's 21mm. I can force the issue, but then there's no clearence between the case of either watch and the strap, so that the strap basically doesn't want to bend, and then you get a bit scared that the spring bar is just going to pop off, it feels that stressed. I mean I don't blame Westcoasttime, the strap was in untouched condition, it's just that maybe those 2pc Zulus aren't made to measure very well.

the extra large fit is because they can shrink a bit if wetted then dried.
    DW

Stephen, maybe you should return to Westcoastime if you bought from them for a replacement or exchange.

Cos I bought mine 20mm too, from an individual, it came brand new and it fitted to my MARATHON (20mm lugs) PERFECTLY. I went to the sea with it many times, and in showers too. No issues at all! The fact that it is a ZULU and it is ready to wear (not that hard like a NATO) from the start.

Or if one prefers a little stiffer strap, you can get a RHINO 2 pcs which I had mine on my SEIKO Orange Knight. In the pic below, I modded the strap lug a little to fit into the Orange Knight.

Quote Originally Posted by David Woo View Post
    the extra large fit is because they can shrink a bit if wetted then dried.
    DW
    Exact.

I've bought a brown 22mm for my Glycine Incursore and I had to "push" it a little bit, but it fits well at the end.

I prefer that to a 19,5mm strap (or a 21,5mm in my case)

H3

Oh like I said, I could force the issue and get that strap in there, but once in, there wasn't enough clearence between the case and the strap. The fit wasn't at all like the pics shown above, which looks to fit like a normal strap. No, with my orange 2pc Zulu, the top of both parts of the strap smish up against the cases of my 20mm watches, so that it's like a curved end fitted strap.... only it doesn't have that kind of give so the minute you bend the strap, it feels like the pin is about ready to go "Boing!"

Straps aren't supposed to fit that badly, and the fact that it fits so badly on two different watches tells me I basically got a dud, that's all. I just don't know how common those duds are. Talk on another forum was that they are very common with 2pc Zulus, but it's hardly a scientific claim.

I've owned many watches with straps. I know what you mean that there is no gap between the case and the lug. In those cases, it is not the straps' fault, rather it is the case designs.

I have a few watches that they don't seem to take any strap besides their own straps. I am not talking about curved springbars. I fitted a leather strap onto one of them and it kept rubbing the leather strap and ruined it in the end.

Coming back to the ZULU, it is designed to fit most watches. I won't say ALL watches as I know what you meant. And the ZULU for its price, I think it is a mass machine production strap, so give and take, it is not 100% 20mm all the time, maybe 19.8mm, 20.3mm,.....etc.

But it is a very good strap and proven by many in cluding myself.

JMO.

Yeah, Sinn and Stowa have crappy cases, it's true.

(I switch straps on these two all the time, it's never an issue.)

It's nothing against the idea of a 2pc Zulu, I'm just reporting my experience and it is what it is. It wasn't a big enough issue for me to even bother returning it, but it may or may not help others, in case they have the same problem. But when you compare what I say with pictures and experiences of others, I think it helps strap-shoppers figure out that maybe it's a rare problem? Or conversly, if they have the same problem they won't be surprised, that's all.

I have a couple one piece two-ring Zulus on the way and I don't anticipate having any problems.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information