4 Ring Zulu Hack

Thread: 4 Ring Zulu Hack

Inactive

Wink 4 Ring Zulu Hack

Well I just didn't like the 4 ring Fit / Bulk, so I tailored them to fit & comfort. I like the way the feel now & they don't slip at all. I cut the bottom strap off, cut to length, & took one ring off by the buckle,,,,, & the one ring folds up to hold tail down nicely, very clean feel I put the buckle @ 12:00 when wearing them.................... If I buy anymore straps they'll be 2 ring... I can mix it up now, Titanium, Rubber, & Green & Black Zulu on Traser or Luminox anytime.

Traser P6506 TI with Green

Luminox 3001 with Black

Banned

Re: 4 Ring Zulu Hack

Nice job. I did a similar thing with the 4 ring Maratac Nato I got this morning. The hardware is just way too bulky. I removed one ring on each of the sides and now it's much better.

Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by sdwtchlvr View Post
    Nice job. I did a similar thing with the 4 ring Maratac Nato I got this morning. The hardware is just way too bulky. I removed one ring on each of the sides and now it's much better.
    Exactly what I should of done with Maratac's,(just removed 2 rings like you) but I chose to cut the bottom piece out & there was no turning back ..........but I'm alright with them now.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Banned

That is the thing with these natos...it's best to experiment with them and in doing so, you might funk things up a bit. Removing the 2 rings was about the only good thing I did...in cutting the length down a bit a totally cut it crooked and frayed the edges and when I tried to remove the strap from my Sea-Dweller, instead of taking the spring bars out like I did when I put it on (it's too thick), I decided to just pull it out with the spring bars still in place...put a big nice long run on the outer surface of the nylon from scraping on the edge of the case...just like my wife's pantyhose. lol Live and learn. It's a good thing these things are only $20 and not $200 like some pam straps...I'm glad those days are over.

Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by sdwtchlvr View Post
    That is the thing with these natos...it's best to experiment with them and in doing so, you might funk things up a bit. Removing the 2 rings was about the only good thing I did...in cutting the length down a bit a totally cut it crooked and frayed the edges and when I tried to remove the strap from my Sea-Dweller, instead of taking the spring bars out like I did when I put it on (it's too thick), I decided to just pull it out with the spring bars still in place...put a big nice long run on the outer surface of the nylon from scraping on the edge of the case...just like my wife's pantyhose.LMAO lol Live and learn. It's a good thing these things are only $20 and not $200 like some pam straps...I'm glad those days are over.
    Yep, nylon will start a runner if caught by something....I used a heat gun held just far enough away to weld the ends & any other part that looked like it would catch. I'm probably going to try a couple of the G10 Nato's, the rings are a more square & lower profile...a cheap way to play.
    Your correct, thank goodess these aren't $200 bands.:oops:

Thread Information