AAAARGH! Why is it so tough to find an affordable 23mm strap that isn't croc imprinted?

Thread: AAAARGH! Why is it so tough to find an affordable 23mm strap that isn't croc imprinted?

AAAARGH! Why is it so tough to find an affordable 23mm strap that isn't croc imprinted?

Several makers are now manufacturing their watches with 21 and 23mm lug widths. Why aren't strap makers picking up on this - is it because the market isn't big enough yet? I'd think if one maker would make them, they would get a lot of business, since they wouldn't have much competition. I'd love to find a good 23mm NATO, but the only ones I can find are only heat sealed, and I just can't bring myself to put a watch on a strap that doesn't have stitching to hold the hardware in place.

So I double dog dare one of the quality manufacturers to start making 21 and 23mm straps and advertise the heck out of them on this site. I see so many posts along the lines of "22 or 20mm strap on a 21mm lug watch" that there must be a decent market. Hamilton, Victorinox, Citizen, and Orient are the ones off the top of my head that are making watches with odd sized lug widths. Those are not obscure brands!

Re: AAAARGH! Why is it so tough to find an affordable 23mm strap that isn't croc imprinted?

I agree, but whether they would produce those sizes I suppose is entirely up to supply and demand for them.
    "Either he's dead or my watch has stopped"
    Groucho Marx

"The only reason for time is so that everything does not happen at once..."
    Albert Einstein

Re: AAAARGH! Why is it so tough to find an affordable 23mm strap that isn't croc imprinted?

Hello,

all my straps are customer made by an Italian master for 100€ for an Alligator strap, with all the customization you want...

Thread Information