I've threaded the screws for a Marathon GSAR bracelet already. Currently, trying to size my Eterna KonTiki bracelet and it's constructed the same as the Marathon, using double screws for the links and loctite on the screw threads. I've visited numerous threads on this topic including a super useful post in the Rolex forums but to no avail, still having massive difficulty sizing this damn bracelet. I need advice from you guys that have been through this ordeal....here's what I'm doing now...
1) boil water and place the bracelet in for 5 mins or so
2) use a clamp/vice to hold the watch securely to a working table/surface
3) using 2 precision/jewelers screwdrivers (1.6mm flathead), hold one screw in place and attempt to turn the other screw and break the loctite
4) of course the screws won't budge and I end up scratching the link so use the lighter method (I don't have one of those culinary torches for creme brulee). By sheer luck, I'm able to break the loctite and remove a single link. Lord have mercy on my soul, only 4 more links to go....
5) attempt to repeat steps 1-5 but with no success. Time to take a break b/c my cursing and bloodshot eyes are starting to worry my girlfriend
Any ideas or suggestions my fellow WISers?