Aftermarket Bracelet for Aquaracer?
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Ard

Thread: Aftermarket Bracelet for Aquaracer?

Aftermarket Bracelet for Aquaracer?

I have an. Aquaracer Chrono (CAY211A.FC6361) I really dislike the factory strap and want to change it to something else. Before I drop the coin for a factory bracelet (best price I found was $250) anyone know of an aftermarket SEL bracelet for the Aquaracer? I was also considering a nato strap in the meantime.

Pictures would be great!

Thanks

Mel

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Ard

Re: Aftermarket Bracelet for Aquaracer?

I would re post to Tag Heuer forums where someone may already have done this.

Generally this is a tough task because of 2 things. The diameter is one, bracelets are sold based on lug width and if the radius of the aquaracer case is off from the radius of the end links it's a no go.

Second thing is the end links, it comes down to how deep from the lug tips the holes are drilled on the aquaracer. Even if the end links have correct radius and are correct width it is the point where the spring bars fit through the links into the lugs that determine whether or not you get a snug fit - loose fit or no fit.

Definitely stay away from solid end links unless the bracelet is spec-ed for your model aquaracer. I have been able to tweak non solid end links to facilitate decent fits to some watches although never tried an aquaracer. I have a 41mm black ceramic that I bought on the bracelet and so never had to ponder this.
    Disposer likes this.

Re: Aftermarket Bracelet for Aquaracer?

Thanks for the insight. I posted on the Tag Heuer forums with no replies in a week so I figured I'd give this forum a shot.

My Tag is the 43MM version which does offer the SEL bracelet as an option. I may just bite the bullet and drop the $250 for an OEM bracelet.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Thread Information