WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

AliX 'Military Parachute Nylon Fabric Watchband' review

785 views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  leastonh 
#1 · (Edited)
EDIT:

Hi all,

I cannot really get on with NATO straps and was on the lookout for an elasticated strap with bronze-like hardware for a San Martin bronze diver. After seeing a link in f71, I bought this one with high expectations.

The pics at the bottom of the post below cannot be deleted and so I'll leave them here as a reminder of how NOT to try and wear this strap. The first three pics are new and show the correct way to fit and wear it. I have been quite rightly corrected about the way I was doing so and I'm really glad for that.

The hardware matches the colour of my bronze and brass cased watches well. The buckles are not finished well on the edges and quite sharp. This isn't an issue if you wear the strap correctly because they don't touch the skin anyway. Unlike a few of the cheap straps I have bought online the metal of the buckles is not easily bent with my fingers (I have one I managed to snap just trying to fasten it because the metal was so soft!) and I had to use pliers to slightly bend the end hook to narrow it.

So, here it is fitted to my San Martin and how it's supposed to be worn. Much better and very comfortable.
Watch Watch accessory Analog watch Strap Fashion accessory

View attachment 14840231
Analog watch Watch Watch accessory Strap Fashion accessory

For the record, the seller packaged the strap well, included spring bars and a removal tool and delivered quickly. Here's the AliX link:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000117885242.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.177b4c4diLVyCp

Here are the 'before' pics...as in 'before' I was educated ;-)

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Thanks for the comments. As with gormless (the commenter above me), I'm not sure that you're wearing the strap correctly. I happen to be wearing an elastic paratrooper style strap right now, and looking at mine vs. yours, the set up is very different. I'm not sure if that's because the inherent design of your strap vs. mine is different, or if we're just using different methods, but at least on mine, the hook does not touch skin at all. Instead, it touches the bottom layer of fabric. So it's very comfortable. Likewise, the smaller piece of hardware, the way it wears on mine, does not touch the skin at all. I think you should get to the bottom of whether you're wearing it correctly, or if this particular strap that you have truly only can be worn in the manner that you have demonstrated. I'd suggest you find a YouTube tutorial on how to set up a Marine Nationale strap, and see if you can set your strap up in the same way.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.