Any help on Sailcloth "like" 20mm Strap like the Hadley Roma MS744?
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Any help on Sailcloth "like" 20mm Strap like the Hadley Roma MS744?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Any help on Sailcloth "like" 20mm Strap like the Hadley Roma MS744?

I have a used Hadley Roma MS 744 Sailcloth-like strap, with the genuine Lorica lining. Love it. I went to order another off eBay that said was genuine and it appears to be a fake :( I am working on getting a refund. However, when I go to order the MS744 from other sites, it appears to be sold out. Bummer! Anyone know of some other good sailcloth-like straps. The HR MS744 is so flexible, has medium pad, it is really comfortable to wear. Is the Brady Straps SC flexible? Thanks!!
    Always wanted a Rolex.

-Kappy

Re: Any help on Sailcloth "like" 20mm Strap like the Hadley Roma MS744?

Like this?
    http://www.holbensfinewatchbands.com...tching-stitch/

It comes in various stitch colors -black, white, red,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can say that I'm satisfied with my Brady Straps and haven't noticed any flexibility issues. It seems to conform to my wrist almost immediately. The picture in Holbens up above reminds me of Brady Straps. But I've dealt with Holben and they're good options as well.
    Seeking watch nirvana

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by TimeAndTheRiver View Post
    Like this?
    http://www.holbensfinewatchbands.com...tching-stitch/

It comes in various stitch colors -black, white, red,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Good find, but I need 20mm, which is out of stock... Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Always wanted a Rolex.

-Kappy

Quote Originally Posted by Tanjecterly View Post
    I can say that I'm satisfied with my Brady Straps and haven't noticed any flexibility issues. It seems to conform to my wrist almost immediately. The picture in Holbens up above reminds me of Brady Straps. But I've dealt with Holben and they're good options as well.
    Thanks. K about checking them out. Appreciate the feedback

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Always wanted a Rolex.

-Kappy

Holben's is the only strap vendor I would trust if buying one off eBay. Tons of fakes on eBay so proceed with caution.
    MSKapcala likes this.
    "Either he's dead or my watch has stopped"
    Groucho Marx

"The only reason for time is so that everything does not happen at once..."
    Albert Einstein

I've used these sail cloth straps and they are super duper comfy. I usually pair them with my diver watches so may look a little bit off. But comfortable all the same. Not too pricey too.

When buying a Hadley-Roma sailcloth strap, I'd recommend checking with the dealer first to be sure the backing is Lorica and not leather. I liked these straps because they were entirely made of water resistant material, unlike many similar straps which look waterproof on the outside but are backed by leather of unknown WR treatment. Many of the newer examples of the HR sailcloth straps however seem to be backed with leather instead of Lorica, but website text and photos are not always updated to reflect the change.

I question the long-term water resistance of the leather-backed HR straps, so I have returned all that I encountered. On two occasions, dealers who had sold me leather-backed straps were able to replace them with older stock backed with Lorica, so I do believe the leather-backed straps are genuine (also, the packaging was identical and appeared correct), albeit an unfortunate undocumented change to production.
    Rocat likes this.

Thanks for the reply. Appreciate it. I was able to get a genuine Lorica backed from Freda watch straps. Thank u all for your advice!

Quote Originally Posted by watchcrank View Post
    When buying a Hadley-Roma sailcloth strap, I'd recommend checking with the dealer first to be sure the backing is Lorica and not leather. I liked these straps because they were entirely made of water resistant material, unlike many similar straps which look waterproof on the outside but are backed by leather of unknown WR treatment. Many of the newer examples of the HR sailcloth straps however seem to be backed with leather instead of Lorica, but website text and photos are not always updated to reflect the change.

I question the long-term water resistance of the leather-backed HR straps, so I have returned all that I encountered. On two occasions, dealers who had sold me leather-backed straps were able to replace them with older stock backed with Lorica, so I do believe the leather-backed straps are genuine (also, the packaging was identical and appeared correct), albeit an unfortunate undocumented change to production.

Quote Originally Posted by watchcrank View Post

Your post just made me check my green HR Cordura strap to make sure it's Lorica. And then I put it on my Seiko SNDA27.

We all like pictures of watches, right?

Name:  P8190003.JPG
Views: 505
Size:  1.02 MBName:  P8190007.JPG
Views: 507
Size:  1.10 MB
    Last edited by Rocat; August 19th, 2016 at 23:58.
    watchcrank and MSKapcala like this.
    Casio/ Citizen/Garmin /G-Shock/ Seiko

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information