Any Strap makers think they can make a strap for this watch?

Thread: Any Strap makers think they can make a strap for this watch?

Any Strap makers think they can make a strap for this watch?

So, I've broke two straps now on this watch. At like $75 per strap, I'm not buying another one so it can break again. I'll be hard pressed to buy another watch that takes a proprietary strap. At first it looks like it would be a complicated strap to make. But, I think it'll be pretty easy for a strap maker. The strap on this watch is held on by a thin pin that slides through it and sets into a collar that sets in a whole. The pin is so thin that the leather wouldn't have to be wrapped around to make the whole. I'm thinking some leather could be stitched to the underside to give it some thickness at the lugs and the pin could be pushed between the two pieces. Plus the leather I have, in the pictures, is very old, so wrapping it to make the pin whole is out of the question. Im in the United States and I would send the watch, the current strap that I'll take off and I'll send the leather. I really love this watch and it kills me that I can't wear it. The video explains how the pin system works on a different model. Unfortunately, they don't and won't be making the adapters for my model.

Re: Any Strap makers think they can make a strap for this watch?

Oh shoot, I forgot the buckle end. Maybe that end could be made the same way as the lug ends.

You should be able to find a maker here that can make you a nice custom notched strap for your watch.

Good luck.
    "Either he's dead or my watch has stopped"
    Groucho Marx

"The only reason for time is so that everything does not happen at once..."
    Albert Einstein

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Looking at the attachment, I think you will need to put a stainless tube in the strap to get proper support. Still trying to find a good source for hypodermic tubing, ebay seems to have what I might need but need to settle on the sizing.

Quote Originally Posted by grindaur View Post
    Looking at the attachment, I think you will need to put a stainless tube in the strap to get proper support. Still trying to find a good source for hypodermic tubing, ebay seems to have what I might need but need to settle on the sizing.
    That won't work. A tube isn't going to fit through the holes that the pin has to go through. The tolerances are pretty tight.

Plus the strap will just need very tiny holes pierced throug it, like with a safety pin. So the watch pin will be tight in the strap. I think the hardest part will making sure the holes in the strap, three for each side, will all line up with the holes in the watch. I took the strap off this morning. Here's a picture of how the pin system works. Hopefully you can see how the pin is pushed in the collar, which is sticking out of the hole it goes in. It's that little collar that keeps the pin tight and from falling out. And, I'm telling you, the damn things are tiny.

Check out.....PUGO.....and..... AARONPIM

Quote Originally Posted by Shawnny View Post
    Plus the strap will just need very tiny holes pierced throug it, like with a safety pin. So the watch pin will be tight in the strap. I think the hardest part will making sure the holes in the strap, three for each side, will all line up with the holes in the watch. I took the strap off this morning. Here's a picture of how the pin system works. Hopefully you can see how the pin is pushed in the collar, which is sticking out of the hole it goes in. It's that little collar that keeps the pin tight and from falling out. And, I'm telling you, the damn things are tiny.

Lee Rappeport

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________________________________

PREVIOUSLY OWNED

Glycine Vacuum, Glycine Observer (2), Glycine Power reserve DLC, Rolex sub no date(1967), Rolex sub Chronometer movement, Bulova Accutron RR edition,
    Seiko Orange monster, IWC 38mm Pilot, Chronoswiss Kairos SS, Steinhart O1V, Oris BC3, Oris triple complication, Tissot Sea Star, MK II Seafighter, Seiko SNKF11, Steinhart Ocean 44, Steinhart Ocean Black GMT, Seiko SRP 777 TURTLE, Seiko SUN045 50th Anniversary Kinetic.

CURRENTLY OWN

Hamilton Barton (circa 1951), Seiko SBBN035 TUNA, Bulova Lunar Pilot with date, and a $5.00 quartz watch.....

Thread Information