Anyone else have this compulsion (to buy straps)? - Page 3
Like Tree46Likes

Thread: Anyone else have this compulsion (to buy straps)?

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 77
  1. #21
    Member SquareStanley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    129

    Re: Anyone else have this compulsion (to buy straps)?

    Quote Originally Posted by watch1440 View Post
    So many strap collectors
    Its like... we all have some sort of obsession lol


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Christopher-N likes this.

  2. #22
    Member SquareStanley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    129

    Re: Anyone else have this compulsion (to buy straps)?

    Quote Originally Posted by Roningrad View Post
    Yup. Count me in.
    Sweet! Do you have a favorite go-to strap maker?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. #23
    Member SquareStanley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    129

    Re: Anyone else have this compulsion (to buy straps)?

    Quote Originally Posted by pr1uk View Post
    As a man with a larger size wrist the first thing I have to do when I get another watch is take the strap off normal straps just will not fit so I have to buy extra long straps. There again changing the strap can make a watch look totally different so quite often worth doing, my only exception is gold to me gold watches never look good unless worn with a nice black leather strap.
    I have the opposite issue; my wrists are 6.5Ē and straps, often times, are not comfortable in terms of which notch I end up being able to adjust to. Iíve takes a liking to Perlon and Many straps (from cheapest nato straps) as they are infinitely adjustable. There are a few dive straps - nato too - with a ton of hole punches for nice adjustability as well.

    As for gold, I have a hard time wearing gold at all. Iíve always worn silver jewelry as gold does not look great on me. Although... Lorier makes a good watch that is very appealing to me.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #24
    Member watchesinnature's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
    Posts
    148

    Re: Anyone else have this compulsion (to buy straps)?

    Quote Originally Posted by SquareStanley View Post
    A couple of nice, vibrant, choices there. I feel like my collection could use some color. Iím so stuck on earth tones and muted colors when it t comes to strap purchases.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Oh yeah, I find them way more fun in a casual environment. And a simple way to catch attention as well (not that I actually crave for it) XD
    Do check out my Instagram for pictures of watches in nature!

    https://www.instagram.com/watchesinnature/?hl=en

    And my YouTube channel for watch related stuff.

    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkV..._as=subscriber

  6. #25
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    Long Eaton UK
    Posts
    55

    Re: Anyone else have this compulsion (to buy straps)?

    I Find one of the most fun parts of watch collecting is finding the perfect strap for the watch. Sometimes I have to try several straps before I hit the perfect combo. Some of my watches still don't have their strap mate yet. So I keep buying and trying different straps.
    One of the most rewarding things for me is when I find a strap I brought years ago that didn't go with a particular watch is a perfect match with the latest acquisition.
    Also If I do find that perfect strap for a particular watch I'll sometimes go back and buy a couple more to keep with the watch as you never know if you'll be able to find them again in five or six years time.
    It is a kind of madness I think.

  7. #26
    Member catsteeth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    East Anglia UK
    Posts
    2,236

    Re: Anyone else have this compulsion (to buy straps)?

    Quote Originally Posted by SquareStanley View Post
    Thanks for making me feel sane again haha.

    How are the Gekota straps? I’ve yet to order from them but have been lurking on their site for a while. I’m also looking at a few on Straps Co.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    They're good. But then you only ever get what you pay for.
    So a £200 strap is better than a £60, which is in turn better than a £25 strap.
    Straps co are okay, but I prefer Geckota.

    I often never use the strap a watch comes with. Unless the watch is a genuine luxury priced affair, the strap is where they'll have saved money. Also I'll keep it pristine for reselling the watch.
    Generally I'll prefer to put my taste straps onto a watch.

  8. #27
    Member SquareStanley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    129

    Re: Anyone else have this compulsion (to buy straps)?

    Quote Originally Posted by watchesinnature View Post
    Oh yeah, I find them way more fun in a casual environment. And a simple way to catch attention as well (not that I actually crave for it) XD
    Thanks again for sharing. Great collection.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. #28
    Member SquareStanley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    129

    Re: Anyone else have this compulsion (to buy straps)?

    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher-N View Post
    I Find one of the most fun parts of watch collecting is finding the perfect strap for the watch. Sometimes I have to try several straps before I hit the perfect combo. Some of my watches still don't have their strap mate yet. So I keep buying and trying different straps.
    One of the most rewarding things for me is when I find a strap I brought years ago that didn't go with a particular watch is a perfect match with the latest acquisition.
    Also If I do find that perfect strap for a particular watch I'll sometimes go back and buy a couple more to keep with the watch as you never know if you'll be able to find them again in five or six years time.
    It is a kind of madness I think.
    This sounds extremely similar to the cycle I go through with purchases. I have a couple that Iím not entirely happy with yet - I plan to change that during this quarantine lol


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. #29
    Member SquareStanley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    129

    Re: Anyone else have this compulsion (to buy straps)?

    Quote Originally Posted by catsteeth View Post
    They're good. But then you only ever get what you pay for.
    So a £200 strap is better than a £60, which is in turn better than a £25 strap.
    Straps co are okay, but I prefer Geckota.

    I often never use the strap a watch comes with. Unless the watch is a genuine luxury priced affair, the strap is where they'll have saved money. Also I'll keep it pristine for reselling the watch.
    Generally I'll prefer to put my taste straps onto a watch.
    I hadnít thought about the strap for reselling; great point. Iíll have to take the plunge and give Geckota a try.

  11. #30
    Sponsor CrownAndBuckle's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    FL, USA
    Posts
    2,985

    Re: Anyone else have this compulsion (to buy straps)?

    Last time I counted, I had about 350 straps in my personal collection (and no, not all of them are from C&B! haha).

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts