Anyone else have this compulsion (to buy straps)?
Like Tree46Likes

Thread: Anyone else have this compulsion (to buy straps)?

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Anyone else have this compulsion (to buy straps)?

I have amassed nearly 60 straps at this point, if we include those that are on my watches. Iím not really sure what Iím ever going to do with these, but I still feel like I need more lol. Please tell me Iím not alone here. Show me your collection - especially those larger than mine - to help me feel normal again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Anyone else have this compulsion (to buy straps)?

I really like you collection!

I'm new to collecting as such and buying watches that are not here yet, but I've also ordered a few inexpensive NATO straps, as well as a few better ones in both leather and metal. I figured I'd like a few to play around with to fine tune my taste. I'm not going to continue doing that though.

Yes.
    What's crazy is I've currently only eight watches. Although I have had about 30 overall.
    Although I usually wear my watches for 1 or 2 weeks at a time. I swap straps much more frequently.

Left to right 24mm, 22mm, 20mm.
    Name:  IMG_20200325_223524.jpg
Views: 73
Size:  2.37 MB
    When I was into natos I bought some cheap multi bags of stock clearance type deals.
    I also buy a lot of straps on sale from Geckota.
    So although most of them are all good quality, it's not as much money as it looks.
    Last edited by catsteeth; 1 Week Ago at 00:46.
    tiki5698 and Shmurge like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Ole Juul View Post
    I really like you collection!

I'm new to collecting as such and buying watches that are not here yet, but I've also ordered a few inexpensive NATO straps, as well as a few better ones in both leather and metal. I figured I'd like a few to play around with to fine tune my taste. I'm not going to continue doing that though.
    Thatís what we all say lol. In all seriousness, itís a slippery slope. Be careful out there.

Quote Originally Posted by catsteeth View Post
    Yes.
    What's crazy is I've currently only eight watches. Although I have had about 30 overall.
    Although I usually wear my watches for 1 or 2 weeks at a time. I swap straps much more frequently.

Left to right 24mm, 22mm, 20mm.
    Name:  IMG_20200325_223524.jpg
Views: 73
Size:  2.37 MB
    When I was into natos I bought some cheap multi bags of stock clearance type deals.
    I also buy a lot of straps on sale from Geckota.
    So although most of them are all good quality, it's not as much money as it looks.
    Thanks for making me feel sane again haha.

How are the Gekota straps? Iíve yet to order from them but have been lurking on their site for a while. Iím also looking at a few on Straps Co.

Without a strap or a bracelet a watch is no longer a Ďwrist watchí it probably reverts to being a pocket watch.

Straps are one of the great pleasures of watch ownership, leather, rubber, nylon, canvas or some combination of these elements means that your watch can dress up or down, be sleek and tidy or rustic and well worn, sporting or dressy.

Having dozens of straps is not at all unusual but on reflection, it may point out the depth to which your addiction has reached....

Iíve found that when I have discovered really good makers or manufacturers I tend to go back to them time and again.

Itís by exploring the endless combinations of possibility, that you can truly make a watch your own....itís a fun journey....enjoy!
    Longstride.

Anonimo/Amphibia/Sinn/Kobold/O&W
    CWC/Rolex/MKII/Seiko/Fortis/Smith's

Quote Originally Posted by longstride View Post
    Without a strap or a bracelet a watch is no longer a Ďwrist watchí it probably reverts to being a pocket watch.

Straps are one of the great pleasures of watch ownership, leather, rubber, nylon, canvas or some combination of these elements means that your watch can dress up or down, be sleek and tidy or rustic and well worn, sporting or dressy.

Having dozens of straps is not at all unusual but on reflection, it may point out the depth to which your addiction has reached....

Iíve found that when I have discovered really good makers or manufacturers I tend to go back to them time and again.

Itís by exploring the endless combinations of possibility, that you can truly make a watch your own....itís a fun journey....enjoy!
    I agree wholeheartedly. Itís a lot of fun to swap straps every few days/weeks. I just got done changing out 4 straps today, actually. Every time I find a new manufacturer, with a different offering, I end up buying one or ten straps from them lol.

cortman likes this.

I have maybe two dozen straps I have no intention of using at this point. Rather more if I count the OEM straps that I expected to replace.
    SquareStanley likes this.
    The truth is rarely pure and never simple.

Oscar Wilde, The Importance of Being Earnest

I sometimes look at a prospective purchase vs my existing strap collection and sometimes I think of a combo I may have seen in passing when buying straps. That's why most of my collection are not integrated straps lol. If I do have a hard to find size, I go custom made and my first stop is always cloverstraps.

Heck, I have 5 sneaker boxes of straps.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

You're not alone!! Next quarentine cleanup task is going through the strap drawer and reorganize. Photos to follow.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread Information